[ROM] [8/24/11] - SSD2 0.2 - Built From Source - GB 2.3.5

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Drummer,

How you holding up with all the blue? Im more of a green man but I really like the way Chevy has his done up.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Dude your right bro! Its blue! But I like it! Plus the chooser is here! I'm so excited, like xmas in my hands! Lots of settings and apps are nice a few new ones for sure! Holding up nice! I'm lovin it bro! Who wouldn't? Right?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dang man! My droid forum app loads faster than ever!! Lol

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I can tell. Youre cranking out these replies at light speed lol

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can tell. Youre cranking out these replies at light speed lol

Yes I know I was just sitting here thinking,Lord man, you must look like a child right now on his bday? Lmao! Hey I'm 39 and android is an addiction brother! I'm usually very calm and professional at work but when it comes to the android devices? I'm wicked nuts!! Lol thanks and sorry if I was posting too much but I hope others will take note and check it out!
I'm having no trouble with pics or vids..no camera sound on take but I'm sure settings are the case on that! Going to check some more out! (I'm sure I am coming off like a nut job with all the silly posts..lol)

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
No apologies will be accepted. They are not necessary. Trust me I know all about the addiction my friend. I think I'm up to following 7 different android forums and I post regularly on 5 of them lol. Before android I don't even think I knew what a forum was.

So by all means post away!!

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok I'm calm..lol here is another thing so far...
This rom let's you turn the brightness lower than the last roms I've used..without going in to settings. This will help with battery for sure...
Someone mentioned the gallery not recognizing their pics?
I haven't had any problems with that...
The rom is "out of the box" FAST!
Welcomed by a nice boot animation!
Market worked just fine..
Sounds are good and dl speeds are awesome!
These are just on the fly what I noticed out of the gate...
More to follow...

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
No apologies will be accepted. They are not necessary. Trust me I know all about the addiction my friend. I think I'm up to following 7 different android forums and I post regularly on 5 of them lol. Before android I don't even think I knew what a forum was.

So by all means post away!!

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

This is bad bro! Both of us..lmao because I've seen you on all the forums so I know we are both addicts..lol anyway I'm just trying to learn and teach! I've helped many people around my area..even fixed their phones for free...just enjoy helping..I haven't been able for some reason get into xda? Says verizon phones aren't welcome so I figured it was a joke..heck I could've helped a few people if I could've replied..lol

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well..been messing with it a few hours and not any issues I can find..just fast and smooth..love it! Gonna make a backup of it all set up..

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
This is bad bro! Both of us..lmao because I've seen you on all the forums so I know we are both addicts..lol anyway I'm just trying to learn and teach! I've helped many people around my area..even fixed their phones for free...just enjoy helping..I haven't been able for some reason get into xda? Says verizon phones aren't welcome so I figured it was a joke..heck I could've helped a few people if I could've replied..lol

Oh yes we are. Not a problem though I'm not looking to cure it lol. And same here man. Plenty of people helped me along the way so I try to pay it forward. And with all the devices I've had I get to learn more and more every day it seems. And yeah I hear ya on xda. Never got into it either but no worries I have enough to follow and read.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Well..been messing with it a few hours and not any issues I can find..just fast and smooth..love it! Gonna make a backup of it all set up..

Nice! It made it to backup status. I have a few backups I keep for a rainy day of some of my favorites.

d4dEf@c@

Reaction score
So I did a test run last night and this morning. I had a few buggy sorts of things. I DLd the unthemed, flash and everything went fine. I only wiped Dalvik and cache (not sure I want to factory for a test drive). Boot ani is pretty slick, love the chevy toolbox, it's a nice addition to the others I use (ROM Toolbox is still one of my faves).

So a couple of issues I ran into:
1- ROM Manager dissappeared. It was still installed but the icons were "android" and it kep[t FC'ing. I un/reinstalled from market and it continued to FC.
2- Gmail FC'd several times. I reflashed gapps, but that did not resolve the issue. there were a few few random android processes that kept fc'ing (sorry i didn't make note of them, it was late).
3- Using CM settings I could not get the clock to not be shown, and I couldn't get the battery percentage setting to turn off. (resulting in having a clock, a battery icon and a battery percentage all in the notification area; very crowded).
4- I reflashed the ROM this morning and the same issues were creeping up.

I am going to DL a clean copy to my PC and put it on the card and reflash today. If those issues are persistent I may wait to try an update. I like the ROM. It's fast, and it has my favorite settings from CM7 and some great tweaks and tools. This one could be a great substitute for stock CM7, especially once the GB kernel things gets further development.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Good to know kc. Thanks. I was just going to try it, but decided to hold off a minute. I'm just running so stable and fast at the moment. Why mess with greatness?

CM74D2 (1250Mhz-v6 supercharged)

juv3

Reaction score
Wow this is awesome, i used ssg for my droid 1 for at least three months until i found liquid which i found it to be better in battery life, and the kernel in it super fast and never got hot at all.... both are great roms im willing to give this one a try once he post a stable version :), keep up the good work chevy

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

d4dEf@c@

Reaction score
Tried a fresh DL still having FC's with gmail. ROM Manager was "uninstalled". running alogcat, but not sure what to do with it.

Going to try fixing permissions to see if that clears up some buggies.