[ROM] [8/19/11] - SSX 2.1 - Built From Source - GB 2.3.5

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Yeah all these 2nd-init ROMs have made me not even miss my D1 honestly. All the GB goodness only not as buggy since we have more powerful and memory filled phones to work with. And I cant figure out where I read the post that he was working on it. One of the downsides to following 5 different forums lol. But it will definitely be worth the wait for you guys, its been running great on the X.

DroidTank

Reaction score
Kernel question, i know the dx can't be overclocked easily because of the kernel issues. i am runnin ssx 2.1, amazing rom by the way. i downloaded milestone overclocker, and it will let upload modules to overclock. is this a true overclock because i didn't really notice a speed difference?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Not sure what you mean by true overclock but if it says it is working and the read outs stay on reboot then it probably is working. The thing is with how snappy and smooth these 2nd-init ROMs are its probably difficult to tell or notice any difference.

Just what I have noticed using various overclocking methods. I could be completely nuts though :icon_eek:

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by true overclock but if it says it is working and the read outs stay on reboot then it probably is working. The thing is with how snappy and smooth these 2nd-init ROMs are its probably difficult to tell or notice any difference.

Just what I have noticed using various overclocking methods. I could be completely nuts though :icon_eek:

Yeah I have to add that I haven't noticed much difference..wondering if I should try some deleting of widgets and apps or hunt down one wild battery hog app or something..my battery isn't much better at all on gingerkernel...idk...that's not the only reason I jumped..the other was, I could now jump to gingy based roms on the fly..lol so...maybe ill keep cm7 for weekends..and apex or stock gingy for weekdays...just go back to my old metamorphing to get my visuals..lol

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Last edited:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Yeah I made the jump to pre-rooted GB last night, so far its not too bad. Its not as fast as 2nd-init and the battery isn't as much better as everyone claims. Maybe an extra hour or 2 at best. Might try out some GB ROMs while I am here and just wait for everything to land on the GB kernel, although I really don't mind SBFing honestly, its a piece of cake :)

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah I made the jump to pre-rooted GB last night, so far its not too bad. Its not as fast as 2nd-init and the battery isn't as much better as everyone claims. Maybe an extra hour or 2 at best. Might try out some GB ROMs while I am here and just wait for everything to land on the GB kernel, although I really don't mind SBFing honestly, its a piece of cake :)

I am sad to report, my phone isn't feeling the battery like everyone else...I'm really losing battery almost as fast..but I'm not saying I dislike it...the only good thing without better battery would be the quicker access to apex and gingy ROMS

bmali22

Reaction score
Is anyone having issues sending mms? I just flashed this rom and I can't send any mms? I tried using chomp sms and the stock messaging app and neither one works. Any help would be appreciated

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Is anyone having issues sending mms? I just flashed this rom and I can't send any mms? I tried using chomp sms and the stock messaging app and neither one works. Any help would be appreciated

I was able to send and receive mms while using SSX. I dont know that it would make a difference but I was using handcent. Pretty sure I went into the stock and they were there too. Were the files too big possibly?

Worked for me bro! Wipe wipe and wipe! Lol

I head that about you...
Ok you got me, I dont even know what I meant by that :)

bmali22

Reaction score
Does anyone have the swype.apk. for this rom? I deleted it to install the swype beta and now the beta don't work and I don't have swype. Can anyone help me out with suggestions on how to get it back?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
It wouldnt let me attach an apk file for some reason. Just change the ending from .zip to .apk and it should install for you. I pulled it right from the SSX 2.1 file so it should be the correct one.

If it doesnt install let me know and I will upload for you.