Vinnie981

Reaction score
All credit to navenedrob over at XDA!

icon7.gif
[ROM][6.20.2011]NAMELESS v4.1 (Updated) - based on EC09 Gingerbread Leak

NAMELESS v4.1
based on the EC09 Gingerbread Leak

--------------------

Although no one was involved in the re-packing/making of this ROM but me, I still want to personally thank these people for supporting or defending the Fascinate community (in no particular order):

Adrynalyne
Imnuts
JT1134
nemesis2all
Everyone on IRC!
... and others! You know who you are!

...let's not forget p3droid.

--------------------

About:

This ROM is the EC09 leak with my personal touches and changes, the changes of others, and some common sense tweaking to present a smoother, faster, EC09 experience, nothing more. Most of what I have done with this ROM is common place, but it does perform (in my opinion) better than a stock ROM.

--------------------

Screenshots:

FvMZD.jpg
klkMZ.jpg
3VD4I.jpg
xOqTn.jpg
mEYpj.jpg
mb4O1.jpg

Stock VS NAMELESS v4:

OJbG7.jpg

--------------------

What you really want to know:
  • Stock Kernel (for now)
  • Froyo OTB recovery by nemesis2all !! SEE FAQ BELOW !!
  • Supercleaned
  • De-odexed
  • Zipaligned
  • De-TouchWiz'ed
  • De-bing/De-VZW'ed browser
  • Framework edits by Adrynalyne
  • Go Launcher EX
  • Nano/Bash
  • Su/Superuser
  • Busybox
  • AOSP Deskclock
  • Touchwiz Calendar/Calculator
  • Latest GAPPS 6/13 ~ CtoPhone, Gmail, GVoice, Maps, Street, Vsearch, Talk2 (with video chat)
  • Appwidgetpicker
  • Download Crutch
  • RFS auto-format on install
  • fix_permissions 2.08, rw, ro, fast_media, default_media, bstats scripts
  • build.prop tweaks including the market fingerprint fix
  • Malware exploit patch

--------------------

FAQ:

Q: Ok, I'm cool with it, so what should I know about installing it?

A: You SHOULD be able to install this from any CWM 3 recovery, but there are some CWM3 recoveries that won't work with my scripts and tools used to install the ROM. THIS STEP IS NOT OPTIONAL, IF YOU DON'T DO IT EXPECT PROBLEMS

It is important that if you are coming from a Froyo ROM that you are using a compatible recovery. I don't have a list, unfortunately, of these recoveries, but I do know that these two work:
INSTALL PROCESS (for a successful install):
Q: Ok, what kind of caveats can I expect from this ROM?

Since this stuff is "new" we really haven't had time to prepare anything for it. I am releasing this here as a WIP, that's work in progress. Please DO NOT use the recovery for anything but flashing other ROM's, other recoveries, or other kernels. DO NOT use the recovery to try to wipe ANYTHING. KEEP voodoo conversion DISABLED. I have provided this recovery for ease of use.

Q: I'm on a Froyo ROM right now, but I use Voodoo, do I have to turn off Voodoo before I flash this?

A: No, you don't have to do that. If you use the recovery I posted you should be able to flash and it work OK.

Q: Right now I'm using JT1134's (awesome) CM7 fascinatemtd ROM, can I flash this if I am using that?

A: No, you will need to ODIN a stock ROM WITH the atlas_v2.2.pit, which you can flash with ODIN v1.3.

Q: Do I have to do a "data wipe" before I install this ROM?

A: No, you do not have to do any kind of wipe before installing, the ROM will do that for you. It will wipe all your data during install, keep that in mind!

--------------------

FILES:

Post Install Notes: After installing, and booting into the OS, I recommend doing a reboot and clearing out the data for Go Launcher in application settings. If when booting the OS you are getting an ACORE force close loop, then something went wrong with the install: either the proper recovery was not used, or for some reason the install script did not run correctly and was not able to setup the environment correctly. If you did not use the recovery mentioned, try flashing it, then try flashing this ROM and see if that fixes the issue.

4.1 Bugs: Video and streaming video are broken, downloads is broken

Download Link:

4.1 CHANGELOG
  • Browser bugs - added 8 tab support, custom user agent switching (downloads still broken)
  • Camcorder bug - you can take videos now (video is however not playable)
  • Added "tuneup" script which can be run through adb or terminal emulator to enable some speed tweaks -type "tuneup" at command prompt to enable every reboot
  • Re-work of some installation scripts and processes
  • Added YouTube app, which I forgot last time
  • Added stock SGS Gingerbread enterprise Email app
  • Sbrissen mods! Thanks Sbrissen!
  • Multitouch tweak
NAMELESS_v4.1_EC09_GINGERBREAD_LEAK-RFS.zip

NAMELESS_v4_EC09_GINGERBREAD_LEAK-RFS.zip

This does not flash a modem, get the EC09 modem ODIN flash here:

EC09 Modem:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...m-odin-ec09-radio-modem-odin.html#post1596624

A Froyo modem WILL work with this ROM, so if you are on EC01, ED01, ED03, or ED04 modem variants, it should work fine.

Reaction score
just downloaded, working great so far. Thanks for your hard work. How long before themes will start rolling out?

Tvo14

Reaction score
I was able to successfully ODIn EC09 Radio over but when I ODIN the Nemesis recovery, ODIN says it was success but I dont to the option to restart in recovery so I flash the rom. Am I missing something? Recovery should show up when I press the button correct? Is there another way of running the flash besides recovery?

OP
Vinnie981

Vinnie981

Reaction score
I was able to successfully ODIn EC09 Radio over but when I ODIN the Nemesis recovery, ODIN says it was success but I dont to the option to restart in recovery so I flash the rom. Am I missing something? Recovery should show up when I press the button correct? Is there another way of running the flash besides recovery?

TSM is not yet included in this rom.....so you need to get to recovery by using 3 button method or android terminal....

Tvo14

Reaction score
Hmmmm, ever since Odin the the radio, my phone cannot be detected. I have an XP desktop and Windows 7 laptop and when I connect via usb I get an error message "USB Device not Recognized". I reinstall the Drivers, tried disabling debugging mode. Still the same. Any ideas?
Whats the sequence for the 3 button mode?

OP
Vinnie981

Vinnie981

Reaction score
Hmmmm, ever since Odin the the radio, my phone cannot be detected. I have an XP desktop and Windows 7 laptop and when I connect via usb I get an error message "USB Device not Recognized". I reinstall the Drivers, tried disabling debugging mode. Still the same. Any ideas?
Whats the sequence for the 3 button mode?

Hold down the volumes up and down and power button at the same time....continue to hold till samsung logo puts up and then once it disappears let go and you will boot into recovery

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

Tvo14

Reaction score
thanks, finally got it to work. Yelp keeps force closing me. Uninstalled, cleared data, still keep get errored out.

Tvo14

Reaction score
thanks, finally got it to work. Yelp keeps force closing me. Uninstalled, cleared data, still keep get errored out.

odd what force close are you getting?

"The Application Yelp (process.com.yelp.android.) has stopped unexpectedly. Please Try Again" and theres a Force Close button.

The Movies app also gets the same error.
"The Application Movies (process net.flixster.android) has stopped unexpectedly. Please Try Again"

mcadieux01

Reaction score
i really like it but seems very slow. Is there a way to make it faster.
and how do i get rid of all at GO crap.

Tvo14

Reaction score
This ROM/Radio is not worth it. The benchmarks are way slower than the current Froyo roms and I've never had so many different apps force close. Hopefully, someone will come out with a more stable GB ROM to go with the Radio.

mcadieux01

Reaction score
i love the look but the force closes r bad really bad. i agree with the guy above me.