[ROM][5.18.2011][ED01] MIUIWiz (no its not aosp miui)

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Orig Link: [ROM][5.18.2011][ED01] MIUIWiz (no its not aosp miui) - xda-developers

icon1.gif
[ROM][5.18.2011][ED01] MIUIWiz (no its not aosp miui)
TeamSbrissenMod Presents:

MIUIWiz

***we are not responsible for anything that happens to your phone***
eek.gif

*if you want a phone with absolutely no problems....a "bugless beast" if you will...dont flash roms...not every rom/kernel combo works for every phone..so dont complain*

First and foremost the vast majority of the credit goes to andmer and sbrissen. Andmer go the miui launcher and other apks working with touchwiz...which is an incredible accomplishment
smile.gif
and sbrissen for all his mods to the phone, including the MIUI lockscreen, which has been out for awhile now but obviously fits the project well.

Ok so what is MIUIwiz?
*It is a combination of several features of MIUI and our regular old sammy touchwiz.
*Since the launcher is such a major part of what makes MIUI what it is...you will notice that much of the feel of MIUI carries over to this.
*GOcontacts has replaced our regular dialertabactivity.apk as its more MIUI-like and the Miren browser has replaced our regular samsung browser.
*GOSMS is included..but regular mms.apk has also been packaged in for those who have issues with GOSMS
*OTB 1.3 has been packaged in to the ROM as it seems to be the most compatible with the most peoples phones...feel free to flash whatever voodoo kernel you want immediately after flashing the rom before booting though.
*aosp filemanager instead of myfiles built from source
*miui/gb touchwiz themed
*MIUI music instead of tw or aosp music
*no accurate battery atm (there will be soon enough)
*MIUI camera/camcorder instead of tw
*aosp deskclock (will add clockpackage in as optional download)
*stock android keyboard (instead of gb kb in com rom) from MIUI
*MIUIWiz is based off of Ultimate Kangbang 1.3 (com rom) so it includes TSM Parts, as well as adrynalynes numerous under the hood mods.

Why use another rom as a *base* I thought that was lame?
*originally this was a theme/mod combo...but do to issues with data wipes (you needed to wipe for the launcher to work right, yet it caused other problems if you did) it was found to be most compatible in rom format
*since com rom is a TSM release and this is too...its not lame kanging...we are just using what we already have a starting point!

Major Credit:
andmer
sbrissen
nitsuj17
adrynalyne
nemesis2all
GO development team

thefunkbot for his transparent tw contacts.apk
omj for aosp filemanager
testers
#fascinate-themers

Downloads in Post 2..please Read instructions before downloading and flashing!

*additional screenshots are in post#2

if you feel so inclined to donate to those involved links for:
donate sbrissen
donate adrynalyne

i only accept thanks
smile.gif

Install Instructions:
(if you dont follow them...dont complain...and yes you will have problems!)

1. Boot into CWR (recommended to be using a 3.0 cwr version)
2. wipe data
3. wipe cache
4. wipe davlik cache
5. if coming a different OTB version its advised to wipe voltage settings as well
6. flash rom

(if having issues)
7. post problems with logcats

Downloads
V1.0: Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
md5:e1a1caea48be39c8820d7683c65552051

restore (themed) dialertabactivity.apk v1

Changelog:

V1.0 (5/18/11)
*initial release

***Known Bugs***
*music controls on MIUI lockscreen: next button pauses instead of advancing selection
*car cradle doesnt work with gocontacts dialer yet (working on it), will work with dialer patch
*MIUI 4x4 music widget doesnt display album info or picture
*camcorder does not do 720p...will post patch for tw camcorder soon for those that require this
*not a *bug* but no acc battery yet

Q and A
(updated from thread, so you dont have to dig through)

*Q: Is this the same as the test builds?
A: it is updated from the latest test build, but if you are happy with that, by all means stick with it

*Q: What keyboards are included
A: swype 2.29 (same as com rom) unthemed; stock android keyboard from miui; samsung keypad

*Q: Is accurate battery mod included?
A: Not yet...i neglected to make that so far...but I will soon (semi-promise)

*Q: Can I use patches from com rom/superclean?
A: Yes, although some may be differently themed (gb or otherwise)...and superclean ones would be in amend, and not work on cwr 3.0+

*Q: Is MIUI weather included?
A: no. do to the complexity of MIUI weathers' databases the app is divided up by region...so you ll have to get it from here with the appropriate apk...or if you have fancy widget pro, the miui skin mimics it very well

*Q: Is this is based off of com rom, then why do we have to wipe data?
A: even though this is *based* off of com rom, the framework-res.apk, android.policy.jar, services.jar, and framework-jar have been heavily modified to work with the miui launcher2.apk...if you dont wipe...best case scenario is you loose sensor orientation and the phone wont rotate in your apps...worst case tons of acore force closes and app crashes

ENJOY!!!!!!

collinjm01

Reaction score
Just flashed it...love it. except, thee unlock to message reboots phone.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just flashed it...love it. except, thee unlock to message reboots phone.

You have to set a custom app in lockscreen settings for miui lockscreen or it will do that.

sent from my rooted nook color

Yakuzagang5

Reaction score
My phone has been off the charger for 3 hours, down to 34% battery. Already did battery calibration app 2 days ago when it was released... Going back to CommRom

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea it seems like Miuiwiz ate more battery when my screen was on than Com Rom

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Im just gonna throw this out there...Get an aftermarket extended battery for $25 bucks off EBay or Amazon and you will get great battery life lol

Granted I get good battery life on my regular battery with MIUI rom here but I am a power user so I dont expect it to last me a whole day...When im on my stock battery I dont have apps updating on their own, dont run widgets and use Juice Defender Plus....with all that and basic use I get 15+ hours of batt life

With normal use and Juice Defender Plus on the extended battery I get well over 2 days a charge....sounds like WIN to me huh :)

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
My phone has been off the charger for 3 hours, down to 34% battery. Already did battery calibration app 2 days ago when it was released... Going back to CommRom
This seems beyond excessive sir...I have never experienced that poor of battery life on the stock battery unless I was using the sh** out of my phone constantly....
Do you run a task killer? lots of widgets? batt saver app like JD?

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes. All in all Miuiwiz was pretty decent. I was getting like 12hrs opposed to 15hrs battery on Com Rom though. I think it is because I use TW launcher on Com Rom and it uses less memory, than the Miuiwiz launcher. This is a great rom though. TSM did a great job on this.

CC268

Reaction score
Awesome theme, very clean, and gives it that sort of iPhone look (which personally I like), I have been running the Evil Rom v3.5 for a couple weeks now and love it, but this is really nice and a good change.

CC268

Reaction score
Is there anyway to create shortcuts on the screen to things like a contact? (I like to have a page of shortcuts for my friends contacts)

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is there anyway to create shortcuts on the screen to things like a contact? (I like to have a page of shortcuts for my friends contacts)

r u using the MIUI launcher 2 thats included?

CC268

Reaction score

Yes sir...I like it so far takes some getting used to but it appears maybe I can't do shortcuts

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score

Yes sir...I like it so far takes some getting used to but it appears maybe I can't do shortcuts

i just reflashed it so ill check it out....gimme a few