[ROM 2.1] COW-2 versions to pick from and growing

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by wctaylor79, Feb 23, 2010.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. wctaylor79

wctaylor79 Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    UPDATED 2/25

First there is some confusion on what the build is for this. This is 2.0.1 back boned. Your phone once completed will show that it is a 2.1 system however. This is due to the stability of 2.0.1 is much better right now. Again I am not a dev. I was just putting together a package deal for those that didn't know how or want to go through all the steps to manually apply to have all the benefits of a 2.1 ROM. If ou are to apply things after install that are created using 2.1 there is a chance that they may not work because the inner workings of this ROM are 2.0.1. Feel free to try to alter using metamorph and other programs should you choose. I am just offering a simple package with all the goodies to run as a stable as possible.

I am moving over to this thread do to the growing demand I am receiving and also wanted to clean up my ROM thread. The first was my test and seems to be a hit, so here we go.

First and most important. My work is not necessarily dev work. Yes I have had to get into it more and I am getting more into dev work everyday, but this was started when my friend asked me to create something for him. He is not tech savvy when it comes to all these updates and ever changing world of Droid so I simply am putting the puzzle together. This first run is based mostly on what you can find in different forums, and then I added a little tweaking on the back end to help it out and then packaged all together. There are plenty of people out there that don't quite understand the world of hacking with the Droid and just want to be able to keep up with everyone else. It was my goal to package together the greatness that the devs have created and make it more simple for someone to have. My hats off to the droidmod (sholes) team. The updater was a work of art and I know that they have great things coming out. AdamZ, Pete, Chevy, Xeudoxus, you guys are the best. You are the ones that got my wheels turning. There is a LONG list of more and I apologize for not calling out, but there is a big THANKS to all the Droid devs, and the Droid community.

This is backboned and based on AdamZ Blue Smoke ROM and theme. I simply pieced together other things and made one package. The list is huge to show all it comes with, but my goal is to make things simple so here is the simple list.

2.1 - Running AdamZ custom kernel for OC purposes.
    2.1 MT Browser
    2.1 MT Gallery
    2.1 Music Player with tabs at top
    Live Wallpapers
    HTC sense looking launcher (Xeudoxs)
    Stock smoke glass Launcher as well.
    (Note to have LWP interactive either launcher will work)
    To clarify as well every version has the standard smoke glass app draw. Launcher is notorius for causeing some issues and is why some devs have removed from their ROMs. However by using the stock draw you may not have interavtive LWP. LWP will work no matter what but just not interactive. Also if you use the stock draw then you will not ahve the hotkeys for browser and phone. .

The full breakdown and list can be found with AdamZ page (AllDroid - View forum - AdamZ) as this is the backbone of the entire system. Thank you gain AdamZ for your work and making this possible for people like me to get into the Droid world.

Verified wifi is working. SU is fixed and running nice. OC goes up to 1100, but I personally run between 700 and 900. Find sometimes that you can issues going over 900, but some like it and the choice is yours. Any issues please let me know. I am not a dev, but I am here for all of you. With that all said here you go.. the goodies...

INSTALL:
    If you are coming from my first version and there is no need to wipe data. This is just the system and boot file that can be used through nandroid, and then load up your old data file. If you just want this with the new boot animation then just recover and use your data file. However if you are new to mine, and or are having glitches wipe is a good thing. Personally I wipe like 10 times a day when I am working on these. You can feel free to try to load your data if you choose but for best results I like to wipe. I back up all my apps using Astro. I do run what I deliver on my own phone. I upload the links, and download my own files to make sure I am using what you guys are.

PLEASE BACK UP YOUR CURRENT SETUP. If it does not work for you I want to make sure you can go back to where you started.

I am working on getting a version with the white clock, but countless nights with no sleep I promised my wife I would not be up all night tonight. Trying to have white clock version out tomorrow. Will see.

BLUE NOTIFICATION AND CLOCK HTC LAUNCHER-2.0.1 LOCK SCREEN
    COW-2.1-v1.1-BS-20100224-1511.zip - 86.1 Mb
    Mirror:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/znxp3t

WHITE NOTIFICATION AND CLOCK HTC LAUNCHER-2.0.1 LOCK SCREEN
    COW-2.1-v1.1-WHITE-BS-20100224-1449.zip - 91.2 Mb
    Mirror:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/uzlz7e

WHITE NOTIFICATIONS AND CLOCK - ORIGINAL SMOKE GLASS LAUNCHER-2.0.1 LOCK SCREEN
    COW-2.1-v1.1-OriginalLaunch-BS-19700101-0000.zip - 88.7 Mb
    Mirror:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/qiage2

The versions with 2.0 lock screen have different boot animation. It is just the blue Droid eye. If there is a demand I will add this boot animation to the others as well, just have to wait until wife let's me at the CPU again. Was up all night getting the 2.0 LS working stable.

2.0 LOCK SCREEN-WHITE CLOCK/NOTIFICATIONS - SMOKE GLASS LAUNCHER

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ebm4jc

2.0 LOCK SCREEN-WHITE CLOCK/NOTIFICATION - HTC LAUNCHER
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/0jbgun

SCREEN SHOT WITH 2.0 LOCK SCREEN
    [​IMG]

THIS IS JUST ONE PIC WITH ORIGINAL SMOKE GLASS LAUNCHER TO SHOW. REST OF PHOTOS ARE WITH HTC LAUNCHER

[​IMG]

Want to see it in action here you go:
    [FONT=&quot][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][/FONT]
    [​IMG]

So to cover some basic disclaimer stuff. I am not responsible if you are to install and it damages your system of your phone. I am not responsible for aftermarket apps that you may install and can not guarantee that you will have the same results that I have been able to achieve. This forum and their admin and mods are not responsible either. Use at your own risk.
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  2. ipawd1

ipawd1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
  3. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
  4. ipawd1

ipawd1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
  5. wctaylor79

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok you tried it, so I will see what I can do. I know tonight I can't, but I will see what I can work up. Ultimately trying to have a good assortment for all, so will see what I can do.
  6. thebowers

Ratings:
    +1
    Is ther something wrong with your links? Can browse different sites but those links just sit there.
  7. wctaylor79

Ratings:
    +0
    Links for download?? I just clicked them and they come right up?? The blue text is not the link rather just description. Link is below the blue text? Is that the issue?
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  8. freakboy2539

freakboy2539 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Could you throw this together with the white clock and notification text aswell? This rom is great! Thanks a million:D
  9. thebowers

Ratings:
    +1
    I will ask this questin again. Is it 2.1 or 2.01? It looks to me that it is 2.01 with the build.prop changed to look like 2.1. Since there is a build.prop.bak and a build.prop. Applying a MM for the framework-res, that would work on a 2.1 rom gets all jacked up. If it really is a 2.1 rom. Please share with the rest of us how you got the KB lights, LED's and auto brightness to function correct?

Not saying that this is a bad rom but I think it needs to be stated as what it really is.
  10. wctaylor79

Ratings:
    +0
    It is 2.0.1 back boned. This is due to stability and as you have seen other things that are not quite worked out with the other 2.1 ROM's. Again I am not a dev rather a guy that has pieced together this for those that wanted everything in one place. I label this as 2.1 because that is what the phone and system show this as, but it's inner core is 2.0.1 to have the most stable ROM. I also updated the OP at the top to try to clear up an confusion. My goal is to not hide anything from you all just offer the most stable thing I can put together.
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  11. ipawd1

ipawd1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    WC, can you change on the next update to have it where the original Launcher:

[​IMG]

is showing.b ecause the HTC one is forcing close.. a lot.
  12. wctaylor79

Ratings:
    +0
    Update:

There is now BLUE or WHITE notification and clock to choose from.

Thanks to those that are enjoying this, and thanks again to the great Devs that have made this possible.
  13. wctaylor79

Ratings:
    +0
    I will get you one right now with the launcher that you are showing in your screen shots on your signature. Feeding kids and wife some brunch and will work on this to get download link up before I go to work this afternoon.
  14. ipawd1

ipawd1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thank you kindly.
  15. wctaylor79

Ratings:
    +0

Download is up for the original smoke glass launcher with the interactive buttons as well. Will get a screen shot of that in a bit to add in.
Search tags for this page

droid incredible 2 cow

the cow 2.1 rom