[ROM][12.21.12][SC 2.8 End of the World Edition]2.6.32 Voodoo and Nonvoodoo

vi3tboiii54

Reaction score
Thank you. Will the market recognize the apps or will I continue to have to do the same thing? I may perhaps have a misunderstanding of how the market works. I assumed that it backed up your data automatically like it does new contacts. Am I wrong on this matter?

When you back up your apps to titanium the market links are included so it'll reappear later on the market when restored. Titanium backup offers auto scheduling as well.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

ipadl

Reaction score
Hmmmmmm, interesting.

I was expecting the app to work. Are there any other good reasons to run voodoo? Better reliability? Performance?

Seth

I, also, am a newb, and I also am having voodoo problems. Like the updated OP said, I was having trouble getting the eb16 kernel to convert, so I installed the eb01 voodoo kernel. Conversion appeared to take place (got the woman's voice and updates on the progress every minute or so), which took approximately 5 minutes.

Rebooted, tried voodoo control app, which gave me the message: "sorry, this phone doesn't run a kernel supporting extended sound controls." Thinking that the EB01 kernel may perform the conversion but not be totally compatible with this new build, I flashed the EB16 voodoo kernel. Loaded the voodoo control app, got the same message.

Rebooted into recovery, selected voodoo, then selected enable to ensure that although voodoo was currently off, that next boot would enable voodoo. Same result. The EB16 kernel doesn't appear to enable voodoo for me (or at least I don't think it does).

How can I tell? Should the control app be working properly?

Thanks in advance,

Seth

I've heard that as long as you flash the kernel after the Rom, it's installed. There's no notifications that tell it's working. As for the app, can't give any help there. As long as you select install from sdcard and select the Rom, then install from sdcard and select the kernel then apply update, it should be installed.

Sent from my Super Clean 2.2 EB01 SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

xcoryedgex

Reaction score
Hmmmmmm, interesting.

I was expecting the app to work. Are there any other good reasons to run voodoo? Better reliability? Performance?

Seth

I, also, am a newb, and I also am having voodoo problems. Like the updated OP said, I was having trouble getting the eb16 kernel to convert, so I installed the eb01 voodoo kernel. Conversion appeared to take place (got the woman's voice and updates on the progress every minute or so), which took approximately 5 minutes.

Rebooted, tried voodoo control app, which gave me the message: "sorry, this phone doesn't run a kernel supporting extended sound controls." Thinking that the EB01 kernel may perform the conversion but not be totally compatible with this new build, I flashed the EB16 voodoo kernel. Loaded the voodoo control app, got the same message.

Rebooted into recovery, selected voodoo, then selected enable to ensure that although voodoo was currently off, that next boot would enable voodoo. Same result. The EB16 kernel doesn't appear to enable voodoo for me (or at least I don't think it does).

How can I tell? Should the control app be working properly?

Thanks in advance,

Seth

I've heard that as long as you flash the kernel after the Rom, it's installed. There's no notifications that tell it's working. As for the app, can't give any help there. As long as you select install from sdcard and select the Rom, then install from sdcard and select the kernel then apply update, it should be installed.

Sent from my Super Clean 2.2 EB01 SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Performance definitely. It makes the phone much faster.

Sent from my DarkREVENGE v1.0 NitroDark v2.3 Froyo EB01 SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Edit- this is from someone else:

"Voodoo is a kernel replacement. Our phones use a proprietary RFS file system built as a legacy FAT, adding indexing and POSIX permission on the internal 2gb SD card. There is nothing wrong with RFS, but it's slow. From what I understand it indexes everything. This takes time, causing lag. Voodoo reformats the internal SD card with standard Linux EXT4. EXT4 is a faster. This filing system is what is reffered to as the lag fix. Voodoo also makes the screen sharper, and has some improvemnets to sound quality as well. These have nothing to do with the lag fix portion of voodoo."

crashmonk

Reaction score
Does anyone know if they are perfecting the code so it it's more compatible with market downloads? My HeyTell is still not working right. It had been off since 2.4 and 2.6.

spyz34

Reaction score
Is this 2.8 the same as the one TAPOUT put into the updated Froyo Package thread?

spyz34

Reaction score
Awesome, I didnt have luck with flashing a few days ago, but was ECSTATIC when you posted a .tar version. Im curious as to how you got a diff theme though. Is it a flash thing? Or can i find Odin versions?

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Awesome, I didnt have luck with flashing a few days ago, but was ECSTATIC when you posted a .tar version. Im curious as to how you got a diff theme though. Is it a flash thing? Or can i find Odin versions?
what do you mean different theme?

im assuming you mean my signature.....themes are zip's you flash in CWMR, there are a few diff ones available here in Fascinate Development thread

spyz34

Reaction score
In your sig you have a NitroDark v2.1 Theme. I just read your thread about it. I tried the flash method going from 2.6 to 2.8 and had no luck. I want to flash it but am not sure im correct.
Heres what i do.
attach phone and drag the zip to root of SD card.
Then i boot to recovery and get blue text.
From there i select Update.zip to get cwmr
then all i have to do is install the themed zip right?

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
In your sig you have a NitroDark v2.1 Theme. I just read your thread about it. I tried the flash method going from 2.6 to 2.8 and had no luck. I want to flash it but am not sure im correct.
Heres what i do.
attach phone and drag the zip to root of SD card.
Then i boot to recovery and get blue text.
From there i select Update.zip to get cwmr
then all i have to do is install the themed zip right?

Yea...if you have SC v2.8 up and running reboot recovery as you said, wipe cache partition and in advanced wipe dalvik cache as well
then just install from sd card, choose from sd card, select theme zip file, yes to install, when done reboot and be patient as it may take a few min

spyz34

Reaction score
THanks for the patience with all us noobs. I'm doing the wipe in red and when I hit wipe cache, the screen goes black. Is this normal?

EDIT: I am slapping myself. I discovered which soft keys do what. Im good now, just figuring out how to change launchers now

Last edited:

Jerome900

Reaction score
Can u flash from nonvoodoo to voodoo

xcoryedgex

Reaction score
Can u flash from nonvoodoo to voodoo

Yes. But you have to disable lagfix to go from voodoo to nonvoodoo if I'm not mistaken.

Sent from my DarkREVENGE v1.0 NitroDark v2.3 Froyo EB01 SCH-I500 using DroidForums App