[ROM] [04.18.11] BAMF Remix 1.5 - New base RUU plus more!

that.one.yellow.kid

Reaction score
When I update, will it wipe all my data? If so is there any way to get all your data back once you flash a rom because I hate having to re enter all my contacts.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
I

Its TwiX

Reaction score
When I update, will it wipe all my data? If so is there any way to get all your data back once you flash a rom because I hate having to re enter all my contacts.

Will it wipe? No. Is it recommended to wipe? Yes. Your contacts should sync with your Google account so you should only have to enter your account info.

Sent from my BAMFed out Thunderbolt

ronb94z

Reaction score
I tried to reinstall backup assistant from titanium backup but it will not let me because it was removed with the rom. I see it there but there is a line through it, i tried but no luck. I did not have my contacts synced with google because i was using backup assistant and felt no need to back it up twice.

that.one.yellow.kid

Reaction score

Will it wipe? No. Is it recommended to wipe? Yes. Your contacts should sync with your Google account so you should only have to enter your account info.

Sent from my BAMFed out Thunderbolt

Would it be ok to export my contacts to my sd card then import them back? If not, how would I sync it to my google account?

evilssj4

Reaction score
wifi error

i have installed bamf remix 1.6 and for some reason my wifi does not work. i have it overclocked to 1344 using setcpu smartass scaling. i go to wireless settings and under wifi it says "error" and cannot turn it on i click and nothing happens can anyone tell y this happened? other then that the rom is great

Ryukashin

Reaction score
i have installed bamf remix 1.6 and for some reason my wifi does not work. i have it overclocked to 1344 using setcpu smartass scaling. i go to wireless settings and under wifi it says "error" and cannot turn it on i click and nothing happens can anyone tell y this happened? other then that the rom is great

I am running the Non-themed version and haven't had any problems.

Did you wipe/reset when you installed 1.6? If not try a clean install, otherwise maybe reflash without a wipe and see if that works.

I doubt the radio update affects wifi, but make sure you've done that too. I know 1.5 and 1.6 are meant to run with that update.

evilssj4

Reaction score

I am running the Non-themed version and haven't had any problems.

Did you wipe/reset when you installed 1.6? If not try a clean install, otherwise maybe reflash without a wipe and see if that works.

I doubt the radio update affects wifi, but make sure you've done that too. I know 1.5 and 1.6 are meant to run with that update.

oh wow yeah reflashing without a wipe worked haha thanks for the help. just the battery life isnt as good as i wanted to be but it is better.

Ryukashin

Reaction score
oh wow yeah reflashing without a wipe worked haha thanks for the help. just the battery life isnt as good as i wanted to be but it is better.

I flashed the drod 1.6 kernal, keep screen brightness to a minimum, use the toolkit cpu app to change the governor to smart*** to save power when screen is kept off, no animations, no overclocked, and some of the other things listed in power saving threads.

I usually get around 12-14 hours out of my battery with medium use; email, a few hours of texting, web browsing, youtube, etc.

Today I am at 61% after 8 hours 8 minutes, i've been home most of the day so Wifi has been on all day.

evilssj4

Reaction score
Wooww I tried it and it made my phone laaaggy. So I just reflashed bamf remix 1.6 n all back to normal.

evilssj4

Reaction score
Also, my reception drops like every 5 minutes I have juice defender and it drops n says "data off" and then comes back to almost full 4g bars. I recently updated to bamf remix 1.6.2 but it seems to still be doing this.

LinuxHack3r

Reaction score
I just installed 1.6 from within RM, using RM to download it, and clear data, dalvik, and cache. I haven't had any problems at all. I also used Root Explorer to even further debloat everything. So far, no problems. I do however wonder about 1.6.2.

My question, what should I set SetCPU to? I installed the debloated version of BAMF. Right now I am trying to see what I can expect in terms of battery life. So far been going 2 hours at roughly 75%. I figure I don't need super speed, so I have SetCPU set to 1033(or is it 1066). Right now I am experimenting the with Smart**$ setting.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Ryukashin

Reaction score
I just installed 1.6 from within RM, using RM to download it, and clear data, dalvik, and cache. I haven't had any problems at all. I also used Root Explorer to even further debloat everything. So far, no problems. I do however wonder about 1.6.2.

My question, what should I set SetCPU to? I installed the debloated version of BAMF. Right now I am trying to see what I can expect in terms of battery life. So far been going 2 hours at roughly 75%. I figure I don't need super speed, so I have SetCPU set to 1033(or is it 1066). Right now I am experimenting the with Smart**$ setting.

So since its finals week and i've been home the last three days i've played around with settings. Smart@$$ is basically like using profiles in setCPU, it is suppose to be a smarter on demand script while screen is on, and a powersaver script when the screen is off, keeping cpu at min. freq.

power usage 4G>3G>WiFi so if you have WiFi use it, if you don't need 4G turn it off.

As for how to set up SetCPU, it depends on if you want profiles or not. Either stick with smart@$$ or like many people i've seen (some have had battery life up to 1 Day on stock battery) use profiles, I don't know all the settings they use, but I know they at least have a screen on which is at the frequency they want with On Demand as the governor, and a screen off profile usually set around 320/240 with powersaver on.

LinuxHack3r

Reaction score

So since its finals week and i've been home the last three days i've played around with settings. Smart@$$ is basically like using profiles in setCPU, it is suppose to be a smarter on demand script while screen is on, and a powersaver script when the screen is off, keeping cpu at min. freq.

power usage 4G>3G>WiFi so if you have WiFi use it, if you don't need 4G turn it off.

As for how to set up SetCPU, it depends on if you want profiles or not. Either stick with smart@$$ or like many people i've seen (some have had battery life up to 1 Day on stock battery) use profiles, I don't know all the settings they use, but I know they at least have a screen on which is at the frequency they want with On Demand as the governor, and a screen off profile usually set around 320/240 with powersaver on.

Well right now after 5.5 hours, I'm at 61%. However I haven't been doing much with it for the past few hours. But with this Smartass setting, it seems to use much less battery while "sleeping". Seems to have sent 2 hours and only drop a few percentage points.

project e46m3

Reaction score
How do you disable the Two way call recording feature with the 1.6 Remix??? It seems to record all my convos automatically.