[ROM] [04.18.11] BAMF Remix 1.5 - New base RUU plus more!

Discussion in 'Thunderbolt Roms' started by Its TwiX, Apr 24, 2011.

1. teddyblair

teddyblair New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just putting my 2 cents in... I was skeptical about the new Das BAMF after reading the reports of battery problems but I decided to to for it anyway.

I'm on Das BAMF remix 1.5 with the included 4.4.2 kernel, plus some very tailored setcpu, watchdog, and general sync settings, and my battery life is outstanding.

View attachment 32277

I still see a much quicker drop in battery reading between 100 and about 80ish but that's normal and after that it slows wayy down.

So yes I just took that screen shot a few minutes ago... It's Sunday morning and the last time I had my phone plugged in was Friday night... And I've still got 30+% to go. If that doesn't call for a #winning , idk what does.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using DroidForums

2. Ryukashin

Ryukashin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Great thanks for the help

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

3. jmwells52

jmwells52 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Bamf 1.6 is out over at xda forums

4. Ryukashin

Ryukashin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Do you have extended battery? If not how is your phone set up?

5. teddyblair

teddyblair New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    no, no extended battery - just the stock.

as for the setup, i run setcpu with a 245 min & 1024 max with 'ondemand' scaling, plus a profile for when the screen is off with a min of 245 and max of 422.

also run watchdog lite with a threshold alert of 20% and i try to kill apps asap if they get high - i notice facebook, maps and a couple games tend to randomly eat a ton of processor.

and then as for sync settings, i keep facebook to syncing only once a day, the exchange account i use i set to update once and hour instead of push (huge difference there), weather to sync every 3 hours, etc.

all that plus keeping the screen brightness down as much as possible, getting on wifi whenever i can and i keep 4G disabled unless i need it despite being in a heavily covered 4G area...

all that together keeps that battery going pretty damn well. fyi, it ended up going til about 6 or 7 tonight - over 45 hours :icon_ banana:

6. Ryukashin

Ryukashin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Nice. Maybe I'll try similar setting with the 4g on and see if I can get close to 24 hours. Mainly I want to make sure I can get through a little more than a day with at least medium usage without putting it on the charger. I don't mind charging once a day since I usually throw it on the charger before I go to bed.

7. Its TwiX

Its TwiX Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Updated for BAMF Remix 1.6. BAMF is now in ROM Manager. Package picking functionality will be added soon.

8. ronb94z

ronb94z New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I downloaded and installed the rom with no problem and restored everything i needed to. My problem now is i do not have backup assistant anymore and now no contacts. How do i restore my contacts?

9. Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!! What iDoesn't
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +36
    Backup Assistant is considered bloatware (VZW app) so it is removed. I think ThatDudeButch has a zip to restore the app though but I'm not 100 on that. Your contacts should also be synced to your gmail account. You could also restore your backup prior to flashing BAMF and export your contacts to your SD card.

This thread has been Thunder struck!

10. that.one.yellow.kid

that.one.yellow.kid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When I update, will it wipe all my data? If so is there any way to get all your data back once you flash a rom because I hate having to re enter all my contacts.

11. Its TwiX

Its TwiX Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Will it wipe? No. Is it recommended to wipe? Yes. Your contacts should sync with your Google account so you should only have to enter your account info.

Sent from my BAMFed out Thunderbolt

12. ronb94z

ronb94z New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I tried to reinstall backup assistant from titanium backup but it will not let me because it was removed with the rom. I see it there but there is a line through it, i tried but no luck. I did not have my contacts synced with google because i was using backup assistant and felt no need to back it up twice.

Search tags for this page
droid dna toolkit 1.5

md5 not matching bamf android rom 4.2

tachc rot bamf stock plus droid