Roll back to 2.0 (not .0.1)?

jkayner

Reaction score
I've had more problems with the 2.0.1 update than it's worth. Is there any way to roll back to the previous OS version?

Issues i've experienced:
  • scrolling choppiness/laggy
  • battery life much worse (my biggest complaint and reason for concern)
  • email accounts disappearring
Or how about re-applying the 2.0.1 update? can it be done and do you think it will do anything helpful?

PS I did do the manual update

raven1911

Reaction score
I am in the same boat but not to the point like you are. Battery issues are number one for me, much worse after the update. My phone is much snappier though, sorry to hear your is worse. I don't remember reading that you can go back to the 2.0 firmware though. Maybe try downloading the 2.01 update and then reinstalling. See if that helps. I need to do the same as this battery life is killing me. Worst case scenario just take the phone back to exchange it for another.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i could be wrong but I don't think you can. My guess would be that as soon as you 'roll back' to 2.0 you'd be prompted for the OTA update since your firmware won't match the newest version supported.

OP
J

jkayner

Reaction score
ok, I attempted to reapply the update, don't think it did what i wanted. I first did a factory reset from the settings menus. Then ran the update. it went through the normal process, but when it rebooted it did not take several minutes like the 1st time, it rebooted quickly like a normal boot.

Plus all of my applications are still installed?? how is this possible after a reset?

Edit: i did the reset again and now I'm back to stock.

Last edited:

JessiesGirl

Reaction score
I am so glad to hear that others are having issues with the battery life. I only bought my phone on the 19th, so almost as soon as I turned it on, it updated. My battery life has yet to come close to what it is advertised to be.

I can't compare performance between. 2.0 and 2.0.1 since mine immediately updated, but the phone seems to be very quick and responsive.

phone

Reaction score
ok, I attempted to reapply the update, don't think it did what i wanted. I first did a factory reset from the settings menus. Then ran the update. it went through the normal process, but when it rebooted it did not take several minutes like the 1st time, it rebooted quickly like a normal boot.

Was your first update OTA? I've updated a couple times manually and it didn't take very long to boot up.

Plus all of my applications are still installed?? how is this possible after a reset?
Because all your applications are backed up to google. They are auto installed when you sync with your google account. If you want to remove all programs, do so on the phone, sync with google again. Then do the factory reset.