Roll back from 2.2 to 2.1?

sniper6

Reaction score
Hello all. I've only had my MotoDroid since may. Since then, I've heard about rooting and all the cool stuff you can do with it. I just recieved the 2.2 update 3 days ago and decided to try to root it today. Using RSDlite v4.6 I believe I flashed the wrong sprecovery? (sprecovery_ESE81.sbf) Went through the flash process, rebooted, then I booted in recovery mode and made an advanced nandroid back up. I powered the droid back up and everything seemed normal at first, that was until the battery light stayed on and the message came up saying that android system could not be accessed. So I reflashed back to FRG01B. Thankfully it worked! I'm asking please for some direction on finding the correct recovery .sbf or step by step instruction to rooting 2.2. Is it possible to rollback to 2.1 and if so where the hell can I find an update.zip file that is valid and not on a page that no longer exists? What is my best option? Thank you very much in advance!

Sniper6

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hello all. I've only had my MotoDroid since may. Since then, I've heard about rooting and all the cool stuff you can do with it. I just recieved the 2.2 update 3 days ago and decided to try to root it today. Using RSDlite v4.6 I believe I flashed the wrong sprecovery? (sprecovery_ESE81.sbf) Went through the flash process, rebooted, then I booted in recovery mode and made an advanced nandroid back up. I powered the droid back up and everything seemed normal at first, that was until the battery light stayed on and the message came up saying that android system could not be accessed. So I reflashed back to FRG01B. Thankfully it worked! I'm asking please for some direction on finding the correct recovery .sbf or step by step instruction to rooting 2.2. Is it possible to rollback to 2.1 and if so where the hell can I find an update.zip file that is valid and not on a page that no longer exists? What is my best option? Thank you very much in advance!

Sniper6

Their is a thread dedicated to this.. let me find it for you. :) And btw if you get the right sbf you can flash 2.1 or 2.0.1 pending on your wants. i shall edit this post in a couple minutes with a link.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
OP
sniper6

sniper6

Reaction score
Sweet! I'll give that a try! Where can I download dmupdater? Thanks again for all your help!

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No need to roll back anymore, link 3 in my sig to root 2.2:)

OP
sniper6

sniper6

Reaction score
Effing Sweet! Thank you for all your help and thanks to everyone else that did the writing and hacking! It worked perfectly! You guys are awesome! Now I gotta find some cool roms and themes! Thanks again!