Rogue Droid - HUGE ISSUE!!!!

amsilva81

Reaction score
Yeah this phone is crazy I like when it continues to restart and say Droid few minutes Droid getting ready to go to sleep Droid Wake and use the restroom Droid Damn thing is more annoying the a minpin lol.

n krantz

Reaction score
Charged mine with OEM charger. The Droid went haywire for a short time one night. Calling people and selecting apps then stopped. Next day did it again then stopped. Both times the Droid was not hooked to OEM charger. Fallowing morning started selecting apps and calling people. So i reset the phone still had same problem. I wiped the phone. After I got done wiping the phone I could not get passed the setup. Droid kept trying to use the emergency function and kept dialing #s. I kept resetting the Droid and it kept doing the same thing. I talked to Verusless they said they have never herd of it before. As luck would have it I was within my 30 day trial. Now I have a new phone and have not had the problem again YET.

Radio Droid Guy

Reaction score
I just posted a story about Wall Charger Possessing my DROID ... STAY AWAY FROM ANY AFTERMARKET CHARGERS! Read my nightmare ... it is very similar, but a huge pain in the arse and embarrassing to boot.

Pix-L

Reaction score
I just got this Multi Function Battery Charger The charger itself was screwed up, nothing to do with power, had to do with the battery plat latching into the unit, theyre sending another.

I noticed the screwy screen behavior when using the supplied USB cord, as it's a lot longer, with the OEM plug that goes to the wall. So what about the cord could be causing this behavior?

edit: Using the OEM USB cord plugged into the computer I am getting similar reaction

Last edited:

chrissaid

Reaction score
Rogue Droid Issue WITH MOTOROLA CHARGER!

Hey all,

i've had my droid since it came out and have ALWAYS used the charger provided with the phone or the one that came with the docking station.

So it's been three months or so now...and today it's working all fine and dandy until tonight when I plugged it into the Motorola provided charger and blammo it starts doing exactly what you all have said it does...opening random apps, typing in "Xdxdxdxdx rrrrr xdxdxd", opening up my email. i got scared and put it in airplane mode.

so it's not just the cheap ebay chargers, it sounds like it's happening with verizon provided motorola chargers as well!

not sure what to do!

help!

chrissaid

Reaction score
Rogue droid issue follow up

yea it's not plugged into ANY charger now and the same issue is happening!

ARRRGH

thewizster

Reaction score
I just had a similar experience today with my Motorola Droid. I pulled my droid out of my pocket, used my unlock pattern, and there was a draft text message with garbled characters. I deleted it and didn't think much about it.

Then I opened up the browser and it was loading a random (offensive) website that I have never been too. I killed it and rebooted the phone.

Haven't had the prob again so far and I always use the wall charger that came with the phone.

Took it to Verizon and they said they have never heard of that happening. Maybe they need to read this thread?

Sounds like to me there may be two issues. One with the chargers and possibly another with static electricity. Static has been bad in this part of the country lately. Everything you touch shocks you.

Anyway, I'm watching my unit to see if I can figure out what makes it happen.

ps.. I can see the makings of a great sci-fi movie from this thread. Droids stealing personal info, spying, making random calls, smart chargers stealing data, etc... You've got me wondering now. Is it really my wife calling me or is it a droid? rofl...

faganm24

Reaction score
oh im sure it makes for good conversation..... :) just imagine my conversations over the past 2 days.

ratings on the charger are

model: motv8/v9
input 110-220v 50-60hz
output 5v 500ma

I used to have a Motorola Razr2 V9m ( I think) from Alltel, which happens to use the same charger as the Droid, however turned backwards when plugged in when looking at the front of the phone. I had a cheap charger I got online with the same exact specs on it on a sticker. I have had my Droid for almost 2 months and finally decided to plug it in towards the end of the day today, because I'm heading out tonight straight from work. I plugged it in and had it on the lock screen. Well I couldn't unlock it and it was giving me haptic feedback like crazy. I unplugged it and unlocked the phone, then plugged it back in and it started swiping through screens and launching programs. Crazy stuff. I'm assuming (as you've probably pointed out in this thread) that its just a cheap charger thing. I haven't had this happen before, but I don't know if I'm comfortable plugging into this thing. haha.

powercrunch

Reaction score
Hey all,

i've had my droid since it came out and have ALWAYS used the charger provided with the phone or the one that came with the docking station.

So it's been three months or so now...and today it's working all fine and dandy until tonight when I plugged it into the Motorola provided charger and blammo it starts doing exactly what you all have said it does...opening random apps, typing in "Xdxdxdxdx rrrrr xdxdxd", opening up my email. i got scared and put it in airplane mode.

so it's not just the cheap ebay chargers, it sounds like it's happening with verizon provided motorola chargers as well!

not sure what to do!

help!

I'm getting the same exact problem as you even without my charger plugged in at all. Nothing I've tried has worked.

slinky

Reaction score
All of this sounds like someone has hijacked the phone using a script to do something. That is not encouraging.

powercrunch

Reaction score
All of this sounds like someone has hijacked the phone using a script to do something. That is not encouraging.

I wish that was the case. Atleast wiping the phone would fix it. As it stands, not even wiping the phone does any good for me at all.

slinky

Reaction score

I wish that was the case. Atleast wiping the phone would fix it. As it stands, not even wiping the phone does any good for me at all.

At least Motorola should be paying for an exorcism. I think that is covered by warranty.

iron man unit 007

Reaction score
My own Droid is starting to act this way as well. Even powering it off and reconnecting the battery isn't helping much. Sometimes opening the keyboard thus causing the screen to flip will briefly stop it but then it resumes again, selecting things on its own, trying to initiate calls, etc, etc.

Any word from Verizon about this?

powercrunch

Reaction score
I ended up unrooting and taking my phone back to Verizon. The guy there was trying to convince me that it was a virus that was causing the problem. I guess viruses are immune to a complete system wipe? Atleast I have my beloved droid working again<3