Roger App for Android and iOS Let's You Talk to Amazon's Echo's Alexa Through Your Phone

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
roger-app.jpg

Ever since Amazon opened up development for their Echo device, there have been a growing number of apps and devices added to Alexa's repertoire of features and functions. The latest interesting development is called the Roger App. This app is basically a conversational walkie-talkie style tool for your devices. It also lets you talk to Alexa through the app itself on your smartphone or tablet when you aren't in proximity of your Echo.

The Roger App is available for Android or iOS, and is free to download. To be honest, the developer's website doesn't really describe the app all that well, but the app itself is pretty nifty regardless. Here's a link to Roger App site so you can check it out: RogerTalk.com.

blixt

Reaction score
Twitter
blixt
Hi there, I'm Blixt – part of the Roger team. I just wanted to say thanks for the mention! I've had the Amazon Echo for a long time now and wanted to be able to use Alexa even when I'm the go which is why we built this integration. We're actively working on improving it as well, please let us know if you have any feedback!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Hi there, I'm Blixt – part of the Roger team. I just wanted to say thanks for the mention! I've had the Amazon Echo for a long time now and wanted to be able to use Alexa even when I'm the go which is why we built this integration. We're actively working on improving it as well, please let us know if you have any feedback!
Hey Blixt, thanks for joining and for recognizing our contribution to your marketing. We love to showcase new products and features of Android, and welcome developers to join our forum. We look forward to future contributions from you and your staff and encourage you to get the conversation going by bringing up features, tricks and tips for the Roger talk app.

You may also wish to join our "Developer" program on this forum as it gives you additional benefits in talking about your app, as well as being easily recognized by other members as an app developer.

Thanks again for stopping by and we look forward to seeing you more in the future.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
roger-app.jpg

Ever since Amazon opened up development for their Echo device, there have been a growing number of apps and devices added to Alexa's repertoire of features and functions. The latest interesting development is called the Roger App. This app is basically a conversational walkie-talkie style tool for your devices. It also lets you talk to Alexa through the app itself on your smartphone or tablet when you aren't in proximity of your Echo.

The Roger App is available for Android or iOS, and is free to download. To be honest, the developer's website doesn't really describe the app all that well, but the app itself is pretty nifty regardless. Here's a link to Roger App site so you can check it out: RogerTalk.com.
Downloading now.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

yushu

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy
Twitter
-
Alexa-Beta.jpg

Elfyn1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
Interesting app. I have downloaded and am playing around with it and my Echo. There's not much in the way of settings or control or info in the app, but it's pretty simple and straight forward. Looks like it might be fun. I'm not sure how much I will actually use it, but I will give it some time. Will put on hubby's (a complete Luddite) phone and see if he can use it talking to each other.