Robinhood for Android is Now Available!

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
My order went through. I put in $100. Promptly bought 5 shares of MWW. Put my money where my mouth is. :D

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Finally got my account verification deposits in my bank account, but I've gotta wait until Payday this week before I can make any kind of meaningful purchase. Looking forward to getting started though.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
MWW closed at $8.11. I bought it at $7.83. Up $2.05. Ha! Of course that's if I sold right now.

Tap'n Turbo

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Of course now that my money has transferred, I see Monster is on a decline. Will have to watch it so I can buy low if it starts up again.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I finally got approved.i was beginning to think I wasn't worthy. Now I have to wait for them to verify my bank account.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I shoulda' took my $2! hahaha :D

Monster TANKED yesterday and is slowly inching up today. Trying to do some research when I get a minute for cheaper stocks that actually pay dividends.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Don't ask me. I bought some shares in Photronics and Monster. As of right now, I've "lost" just under a dollar on all of this, but that's up from the almost $2 that I had "lost" when I checked it yesterday. Kinda fun to watch it change. Just in the time I've been typing this, I gained 22 cents, then just now, lost 5 cents.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Well it all sounds a little scary to me. PereDroid, I hope you don't mind being our guide in all of this. At least in what to look out for and keep track of. In clueless.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
At this stage, there's a fair amount of luck involved. You can research and think you know what you're getting into, but the nature of the market is to have its ups and downs. A few dollars loss isn't a bad thing. That's a storm that's easily weathered. Now, if we get closer to $100 lost without hope of at least breaking even on the investment, that's a different story, but part of playing the game.

That's where the whole "Buy low, sell high" comes in, but you can only guess/predict/research so much. What a stock will actually do depends on so many factors that can't be forecast.

What's nice about Robinhood (and I'm sure others) is that you can see how a certain stock has been trending over different periods of time. You can see the highest it's gotten and the lowest it's gone and etc.

The biggest question is whether riding out low points will pay off in the end or if a stock will TOTALLY tank and not recover. I'm fairing better with my few shares of Monster, because I bought them as they started this slow climb after having dropped in value from when Pere said he made his purchase.

Mostly, I'm just talking out of my back side, but I feel like I'm getting at least a basic grasp of this whole thing. I'm still at a point in life though where having $100 tied up in these stocks is definitely scary, but if I don't learn now, I won't be able to hopefully make some smarter investments after and actually earn something for my worry. Haha!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
And if I invest $100, then the most I can lose is $100, right?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Correct.

Yesterday was the day to buy Monster. haha It was under $7.
I still haven't spent the other $60 in my account yet.