Robinhood for Android is Now Available!

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
The only really serious advice I'd like to offer to everyone is to think LONG TERM. Unless you want to go into Day Trading, you don't want to constantly be thinking about when to sell and all that. It'll drive you crazy. Unless something REALLY skyrockets, go for building a diversified portfolio and not GET RICH QUICK.

Wow, I just randomly picked Monster because I knew it was cheap and a tech stock. Zacks say to BUY BUY BUY NOW! I might have to grab a few.

Do Investors Think Monster Worldwide MWW Stock is a Buy - Yahoo Finance

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
The only really serious advice I'd like to offer to everyone is to think LONG TERM. Unless you want to go into Day Trading, you don't want to constantly be thinking about when to sell and all that. It'll drive you crazy. Unless something REALLY skyrockets, go for building a diversified portfolio and not GET RICH QUICK.

Wow, I just randomly picked Monster because I knew it was cheap and a tech stock. Zacks say to BUY BUY BUY NOW! I might have to grab a few.

Of course they are. I'm not set up to be able to buy any right now. 2-5 days to verify my account so I can add some funds on Robinhood. Hope it doesn't shoot up too quick if it's going to.

Yes, Earning Per Share. You generally like that to be a positive number. ;)
Who would want a positive number when talking about money!? ;)

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Of course they are. I'm not set up to be able to buy any right now. 2-5 days to verify my account so I can add some funds on Robinhood. Hope it doesn't shoot up too quick if it's going to.

Think long term. ;)
It's a cheap stock so it won't double or anything like that. May 2015 it was $6.25. It has gone up .50 cents in the last WEEK (huge for a cheapie). Overall, 3 month average up almost 26%. YTD: 66%!

We may already be too late. hahaha
(I am getting some)

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Think long term. ;)
That's easy to say. We'll see how I do. Haha! That's why I intend to start very small. If I lose $100 or so, but learn something, I'll be ok with that. But I'm a fan of instant gratification. However, I don't want to be glued to the stocks every day trying to day trade and figure out how and when to unload and buy, so maybe it won't be that hard...

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Yea but even short term. Let's say you bought 5 shares of MWW at $6.75. Today it's $7.25. are you going to sell to make.... $2.50?

Monster's last dividend was: .50 cents. So let's just say that happens again. They put $2.50 into your account. You still have your 5 shares. But now you can start saving that extra money to buy a different stock.
Diversify.
Long term.
Feel me?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Signed up for an account. I'm intrigued. The app is really nice. Like the "watchlist" section.
Throwing $100 in. A bit uncomfortable putting my social in there but I suppose if I get rich I will have to get tax forms for the *gumint

Shall we start the "DroidForums low risk Investors Club" thread?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yea but even short term. Let's say you bought 5 shares of MWW at $6.75. Today it's $7.25. are you going to sell to make.... $2.50?

Monster's last dividend was: .50 cents. So let's just say that happens again. They put $2.50 into your account. You still have your 5 shares. But now you can start saving that extra money to buy a different stock.
Diversify.
Long term.
Feel me?
Like I said, don't really know anything at this point. If it drops below what you bought it for, that's how you lose money, right?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Technically, on paper, yes.
Realistically, no. You ONLY lose if you SELL it at that lower price.
*Long term!!

Let's use Kroger again as an example. If I bought some shares and then sold it after a month:
Short.jpg

I lose money. But if I hold onto it for a year and then sell it, I look like I know what I am talking about. ;)

Long.jpg

I am not an expert for the record. My mother in law got me started by giving me some stock in another company.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Right on.
Before I started I was totally clueless. I always thought you could actually lose more then your initial investment, like you would OWE the company you invest in money if they did really poorly. You cannot lose more then you put in. ;)

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Stay tuned PereDroid, I just completed my Robin Hood application and may have questions bc I'm new to this also. So far your very helpful information has inspired me to go for it.

sent from my Note3, (currently, but soon to be??) using tapatalk

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score

damn beat me to it.

I personally can't stand day trading as it's a HUGE time sink and you never know what you're gonna get.

I tried investing in currency exchange once, what a freaking headache.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk