robbed of USB tethering?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vatothe0

Reaction score
"not a sustainable business model" - that tells us nothing as to the "why".

you're engaging in pure speculation as to tethering numbers. that's exactly my point - until you can go beyond pure speculation, there is no basis for saying that tetherers played any role in the move to tiered data.

you need to check your facts. up until froyo, it has been VZW's position that D1 was incapable of tethering. i know they're wrong, i'm just pointing out their position.

[Actually, we do know why they are looking at changing to tiered pricing because they said so in a press conference. Offering unlimited data for a fixed price is not a sustainable business model anymore.

Do you really think PDAnet and easy tether are the only options? I would think most tethering users are utilizing a solution that isn't through the market at all so download counts are only a portion of the people actually doing it.

Again, I said the Droid cannot support Mobile Hotspot. I did not say it couldn't be tethered and neither did Verizon or Motorola.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

If you don't understand the "why" of not a sustainable business model you might want to take some business education classes. Average usage is increasing faster than the cost to provide is going down, cutting into profits.

For the THIRD TIME, Verizon is saying the droid is not capable of mobile hotspot, they said nothing about tethering. The product being sold now is mobile hotspot (5 wifi connections), NOT mobile broadband connect (single device tethering). Since it doesn't support it, the feature isn't in the 2.2 software being sent out.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
I read it... I ignored it....

Good job making it easier for carriers to justify tiered pricing....
True that!

let me get that wet spot under my eye..... no wait... it's dry

so set up tiered for all I care and I'll set my home inet back up.... whichever is cheaper FOR ME.

I could care less if it affects other's network....
I could care less if it "ruins it for others".....

I'm going to take advantage of it while it's available.

vatothe0

Reaction score
Good job making it easier for carriers to justify tiered pricing....
True that!

let me get that wet spot under my eye..... no wait... it's dry

so set up tiered for all I care and I'll set my home inet back up.... whichever is cheaper FOR ME.

I could care less if it affects other's network....
I could care less if it "ruins it for others".....

I'm going to take advantage of it while it's available.
Congratulations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.