1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Roaming Network Notification

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S3' started by matonanjin, Jun 5, 2013.

1. matonanjin

matonanjin New Member

I have a constant alert "Roaming network notification". If I click on it I get a window that says "Allow Data Access". One button is highlighted that says"Deny data access for this trip"" The other one (not checked) is "allow data access for this trip". But there is no "OK" to click on only a "Cance". I can't get rid of this alert. Even when I'm home and on my network! Any idea wth this is? How do I get rid of it?
  2. allikanbe

allikanbe New Member

You have a software update waiting. Go to Settings, About phone, Software Update. update the phone. make sure your battery is charged.
  3. matonanjin

matonanjin New Member

"Software is up to date"
  4. Dalvik_Cache

Dalvik_Cache Super Moderator Premium Member

What kind of phone do you have? The "roaming" indicator is mandated by your devices PRL. Did you by chance get a phone from a different carrier? You likely need a PRL update. To get one you have to be on a tower owned by your carrier.

Here is an example of a PRL:
    prl.png

5. matonanjin

matonanjin New Member

Mandy, I know that you are trying to be helpful and I appreciate it. But I have no idea what you're saying. What's a PRL? No, I didn't get a phone from a different carrier. Galaxy S3 from Verizon. Your example of the PRL means nothing to me.

As it turns out I was traveling to Chicago and I just popped into a Verizon store. I told the kid what was happening and he took it and then handed it back to me. I asked him what he did and he said my phone was trying to roam and he turned it off. I asked him, "But what was the message" and he, of course, couldn't explain it. So I guess I'll never know. But for now it's resolved.

Mandy, thanks again.
  6. Tonik

Tonik Member

I am guessing he hit settings... more settings .... mobile network ... global data roaming.... and hit the deny selection.
  7. trialnerror

trialnerror New Member

I had the same problem! After a few days with the annoying notification, I gave in and selected the "allow" checkbox... and the notification finally disappeared! (I did this at home on my wifi network and wasn't roaming). I hope that works for you too!
Search tags for this page
data roaming notification galaxy s3
galaxy s3 roaming notification
galaxy s4 roaming network notification

roaming network notification

roaming network notification galaxy s3
roaming network notification galaxy s4
roaming network notification s3
roaming network notification verizon
roaming network notification verizon galaxy s3
samsung galaxy s3 roaming network notification
samsung galaxy s3 roaming notification