Road Runner email won't send

papak

Reaction score
I have two email accounts on my Incredible. Both are POP accounts, one from work and the other a Road Runner account. The work account is great on both send and receive. The RR account only intermittently sends. I usually get a message stating that the account settings are invalid. I have heard that this isn't uncommon on Droids. What gives? The settings are all correct. The account works fine on my laptops. Is there an app to fix this?

Perplexed

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you able to access the RR via your computer without any issues?

What app are you using?

OP
P

papak

Reaction score
No problem from either laptop in either send or receive. I use Outlook on the computers.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
If the settings are the same I am at a loss, sorry. It is interesting that MS Outlook will work but your app will not.

What app are you using?

hauptm

Reaction score
I've read this before and have the same problem.

Depends on whether your're wifi or not. Not sure why.

As I recall, I can send and receive RR e-mail when not on wifi.

When on wifi I can only receive. Again, not sure why.

So I've got by Inc set to receive from my RR pop account and always reply/send via my g-mail account. It's a pain in the tail to have two but it does work no matter on wifi/G3.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your experience, hauptm. I am truly puzzled that a wifi connection would limit one's POP email.

OP
P

papak

Reaction score
My second work account is also a POP account and I have no problems whatsoever with that one. RoadRunner s---ks but Verizon disavows any criticism of their stuff. Its like telling the IRS that there are problems with the tax code. Thanks for the tip.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
You last two sentences really made me laugh.

Have you considered trying a different email app or forwarding all of your RR mail to Gmail or giving up RR and switching to Gmail?

OP
P

papak

Reaction score
I may well switch over to gmail. Good idea.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good move. It will make things easier

My addiction DroidForums

Mikej7

Reaction score
Fact - Comcast/Road Runner will NOT let you send email if you are not on thier wireless network. You can recieve anywhere you want, however, must be on thier network to send. While on your carriers data connection, it usually works, just not on wifi. Roadrunner thinks you are vilan sending spam if you are not on thier network and say it is to protect thier network, they could care less about what you want!!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fact - Comcast/Road Runner will NOT let you send email if you are not on thier wireless network. You can recieve anywhere you want, however, must be on thier network to send. While on your carriers data connection, it usually works, just not on wifi. Roadrunner thinks you are vilan sending spam if you are not on thier network and say it is to protect thier network, they could care less about what you want!!

So much for good customer service!

OP
P

papak

Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback. My paranoia is once again justified.

adker35

Reaction score
I had problems as well until I downloaded k9 mail from market place and set up all accounts in seconds including roadrunner and adelphia account. Try it. Good buzz about it. :) much easier to use.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App