Road Runner Email Issues

OP
D

duke6619

Reaction score
Are your incoming and outgoing settings set exactly as stated at the begining of this post?

kfath78

Reaction score
yup setting fine just shuts down outgoing. Deleated account, turned off phone, took batt. out for a few mins, turned back on setup account and it works now. It will porb last a few days then I will have to do it again. Something on RR's end is shutting down the relay.

OP
D

duke6619

Reaction score
I have never had a problem except sometimes the email program causes a force close on the incoming. Sorry I can't be of more help.

russ472

Reaction score
I have been running two rr.sc.com accounts with an exchange account.
They all run flawlessly.

tat2junior

Reaction score
Great thread! I had been wondering how to set up my roadrunner mail on my droid and did it within minutes of finding this thread. Thanks for the info.

nyamyj

Reaction score
Rr Issues for rkath

Go into settings and at outgoing settings at the bottom where you put your username you must enter your entire rr email address, i.e. [email protected], that solved the problem for me.Good luck

JDowney

Reaction score
Something Missing

OK, so the SMTP settings mentioned in the beginning of the post seem to work fine so long as the phone is not connected to the Road Runner network. For example, I can send email over 3G and when I'm Wi-fi connected in a Starbucks, but as soon as I come home and connect up to my RR-based Wi-fi network, sending of emails stops working.

Can anyone confirm that you can send email over a Wi-fi connection to the RR network with the same SMTP setting that are used to send when not connected to a RR network?

This all worked without a hitch on my HTC Eris, kind of funny that a newer, better phone seems to have such issues.

Jon

gagrits

Reaction score
The correct settings for incoming are:
Username: yours
Password ********
POP3 server pop-server.****.rr.com **** being your Road Runner Location
Port 110
Security type none
Delete email from server your choice
Outgoing server settings
SMTP server smtp-server.****.rr.com **** being your Road Runner location
Port 25
Security type none
Require sign in should be checked
Username Should be your full Road Runner email address
Password************

Thank you VERY much Duke6619! I was missing the "smtp-server." on the outgoing email setup. Once I added it, I was able to send an email.

txassholdem

Reaction score
RR email

Just recieved my droid yesterday

I've read & followed ALL the tips here, but my RR/email still doesnt work.

after using "duke6619" settings.....I receieve the following msg....
"You outgoing server does not support authentication. Please verify your outgoing server settings".

So I think some tech has closed another door in this maze 2 challenge some1 else 2 open it.

NE ideas.

Thnx,
Bill

txassholdem

Reaction score
Ahhhhhhhh, Haaaaaaa.
Up date.........after registering here, I did recieve the email on my droid. I just cant send nething

osceolaoz

Reaction score
roadrunner on droid

Go to to your browser type in only...no http or www...webmail.roadrunner.com in the cinti ohio internet, at least. Log into ur email acct from this page. In my pc, I set it up so emails were forwarded to my gmail acct.

If it worked before, maybe delete it and enter it this way. Then u can check email on browser or on gmail.

Hope ths is not redundant and helps some.
Osceolaoz

swallisa

Reaction score
In outgling server settings take the checkmark off sign in.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Gamtu

Reaction score
Bob, I suggest you turn off your Wifi on the phone and use the settings I have described above and just use the 3G. I have found that it has conflicts with my home system and RR does'nt like the settings. Also if you are using Outlook go to the account settings in advanced settings and check the box to leave a copy of the message on the server and also check the box to delete after 10 days. Next go to your inbox and clean it out. For some reason it affects receiving mail. It has been less than 24 hours but everything seem to be working fine. Some of these tips I got from Blackberry forums. Hope this helps.
John in Middletown

In addition to the suggested settings described by duke6619 as well as Motorola and roadrunner, I found turning Wi-Fi off and only using 3G when sending email from my roadrunner account on my DroidX to work. No other combination I tried worked.

My problem was that I couldn't send e-mail via my roadrunner account. I was able to receive mail via my roadrunner email account with no problem. Every time I tried to send any roadrunner mail I kept getting "Authentication error sending". I could set it up so that it worked using gmail to send replys to email I received on my roadrunner email account but that's not really a fix just a workaround and I really prefer to reply on the same email account that the email was received on. Also using another mail application on the phone is just another workaround.

Now, my only issue is how do you get multiple accounts to show up on the email screen on the phone? I can get other accounts to show up by switching them to the default account. I wonder is that the only way to get the other accounts to list? Do they have to be set to default to use the account?