RIP My OG Droid & Thank you ChevyNo1

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by Coolsaber57, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Coolsaber57

Coolsaber57 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So Best Buy (Geek Squad) apparently is NOT getting any more replacement parts for my OG Droid. My touchscreen was broken on the lefthand side, so I had sent it in for repair, and after waiting for a month to get it repaired, BB gave me a call to tell me that they were going to Junk my phone and give me a new one.

I did not have a choice of getting a new OG Droid, which is what I would have chosen. I miss it! I ended up getting a Samsung Fascinate (if you guys are in the same situation and want my opinion of the Droid vs. the Fascinate, let me know, I can post my findings so far). I'll still pop my head in here to see whats cookin in SS and be jealous!

I'd like to thank ChevyNo1 for making my Droid so awesome over the past year. I've been running his kernels since he first put them out back when the D1 development was just getting started and they've only improved with every release.

I've also used Simply Stunning since its inception, and loved its focus on performance and utility, with themes taking a back seat (the way it should be!) He's always had great support and helped his users at every turn. This man should be commended and beer should rain upon him!

TL:dr - Thank you ChevyNo1!

2. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    :( (bows head in moment of silence)

Thank you for your support through the entire ride thus far - I very much appreciate it!!! I hope I can continue dev'ing for some of the new phones, and hopefully they aren't as friggin difficult as the 'X'!!

3. Coolsaber57

Coolsaber57 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No no, thank you! You're a great dev, keep up the great work!

Also, things may change with the X's signature keys being released...

dancedroid

4. rob0rz

rob0rz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It was a hoax... theres nothing new development wise for the X.

5. Coolsaber57

Coolsaber57 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, i saw that too. Neolod (sp?) is a tool.