RIP my first shattered droid =(

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Nick we are not here to tare people appart. This is a Family Friendly forum. So let's keep it that way. Also discussion on any type of fraud in this forum is a quick ticket to ban city.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Last edited by a moderator:

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sorry about your loss.. i feel your pain.. i broke my archos screen in much the same way.. had it less than i month :(

R

RETG

I did the same thing with my X in the market last week, but there was no damage. The X was in a Seidio Active base, and I really believe the hard corners of the outer skeleton case and the 2.2mm rubber surround under the hard side skeleton case saved the X.

The next morning, I got curious and removed the case, and the battery door had disloged. But it snapped back into place and no damage at all to the X. dancedroid However, it appears the sudden stop on the floor dislodged the battery cover.

So, I do recommend a case.

bullswife98

Reaction score
Oh that's nothing guys l,dropped mine in the lake one day when I was fishing only had it for 10hrs. No insurance at that time either and it was a $400.00 costly fishing trip. My husband still teases me to this day when the fish aren't biting to call them and tell the fish to bite. Lol

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Natey2

Reaction score
Just curious, but does your phone still function (was it just the screen that got busted)?
It has a HDMI output port...

With a laptop with a busted screen, one could hook it up to an external display and still get functionality (but no more portability).

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

sdmopar

Reaction score
I don't rock a case on my X and drop it all of the time. Guess I'm lucky, sucks to hear that

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
Glad I got defender dropped the other day on rouph concrete try the monaco aircraft aluminum

Cabazon Ca. Droid X

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
WAIT WAIT!!!
You didn't drop it, it 'exploded on you', quick, hold it to your ear and cut yourselfdancedroid

Speaking of, what ever happened to that idiot???

CD95YJ

Reaction score
First day of owning my original Droid ( switched from the bb storm) and I was use to a wider phone. It rings as I am putting my son in the tub so I pull it out of my pocket to answer it. I at least got to see it was my wife calling as the phone fell into the tub. Talk about upset... day 1 of a new phone and I end up with a referb...

Deranged

Reaction score
Man I bought a thin silicone case and that seemed to be enough for me to throw my dx across a room bounce off a table fly out of the case and separate from the battery lol...figured I was about to be doin a insurance claim, put the battery in and is worked fine and this was over a week ago, so I'd invest in a case I paid 20$ for mine at vzw and its paid for itself a few times over...

bart2546

Reaction score
There is a website that sells the oem screens for the X. If you just have a few electronics tools and a little know how you can fix it yourself. I have ordered from the company several times and had no issues. Just takes a little while to get your parts since its overseas.
I'll see if I can find the website.

*EDIT Can't seem to find it right now, I'll get it fun my book marks on my laptop tomorrow.

Regards,
Brandon
Sent from my Verizon Droid X

Natey2

Reaction score
Man I bought a thin silicone case and that seemed to be enough for me to throw my dx across a room bounce off a table fly out of the case and separate from the battery lol...figured I was about to be doin a insurance claim, put the battery in and is worked fine and this was over a week ago, so I'd invest in a case I paid 20$ for mine at vzw and its paid for itself a few times over...

I bought a thin silicone case too.
The local Verizon store wanted about $15 for it.
Found an identical one (new) on Amazon for $0.02 (see attached pic).
Shipping was $2.97
Still under $3 total, for some degree of protection for the DroidX.

Last edited:

Deranged

Reaction score
Yup that's the same case lol...i wasnt leavingthe store w without one though

dolfanpete

Reaction score
Ughhh! Sorry for your loss. I hate when that happeneds. I've had some close calls. I have the case that is really thin and you slide in face first so you can't damage it when walking around. You should check that one out. I know what you mean about them cases being bulky. I've learned to like it because it is actually safer in its case and I baby the hell out of it. But, that said it still sucks that happened to you. I feel your pain!