RIP, Muhammad Ali

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
post-137452-0-90536700-1465016262_thumb.jpg

This is not Android news, but I feel it deserves the Front Page..

PHOENIX (AP) — Muhammad Ali, the magnificent heavyweight champion whose fast fists and irrepressible personality transcended sports and captivated the world, has died according to a statement released by his family. He was 74.

Ali suffered for years from Parkinson's disease, which ravaged his body but could never dim his larger-than-life presence. He was hospitalized earlier this week.

A towering figure in his prime, he still traveled and made appearances in his later years despite being muted by the thousands of punches he took during his remarkable career.

He beat the invincible Sonny Liston, fought a string of thrilling fights with Joe Frazier and stopped George Foreman in the "Rumble in the Jungle" in Zaire. But he paid a terrible price for the estimated 29,000 punches he took to his head during a career that made him perhaps the most recognized person in the world.

-- © Associated Press 2016-06-04

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ali bomaye.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
0ad5f4b171842a9f954f813b0b7ab571.jpg

"I done wrestled with an alligator, I done tussled with a whale; handcuffed lightning, thrown thunder in jail; only last week, I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick; I'm so mean I make medicine sick."

Muhammad Ali
Float Like A Butterfly Sting Like a Bee! G.O.A.T (Greatest Of All Time )!
R.I.P Champ!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Lost a legend. I never saw any of his fights live since he was before my time but all the YouTube videos are fun to watch.

Rip

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I could see an article about Tech stars deaths making the News page, but Ali? No...
Someone has to say it. I come here to get away from pop news.

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
The original post forgot to mention he was a convicted draft dodger, switched religions to justify dodging the draft, and became a member of the Nation Of Islam, following the teachings of Louis Farrakhan.

He was definitely a gifted boxer but, because of the choices he made, I have no respect for him as a human being.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
The original post forgot to mention he was a convicted draft dodger, switched religions to justify dodging the draft, and became a member of the Nation Of Islam, following the teachings of Louis Farrakhan.

He was definitely a gifted boxer but, because of the choices he made, I have no respect for him as a human being.

You all have your right to your opinion.

The Nation of Islam does not stop any member from joining the Armed Services! Never have. There are members in the service today fighting along Christians, other Muslims, and other Faiths. The only reason he did not fight in the war is below. By the way I am not a Muslim, I am a Minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
You all have your right to your opinion.

Obviously. That's the 2nd time in a week someone said that. Of course we do.
This is not the place for dead celebrity discussion. How anyone can argue with that is beyond me? This should be in either MEMBER NEWS or OFF TOPIC. Now I am annoyed that we didn't discus BB King in ANDROID News when he died. I think he was a better human then this guy.
or George Carlin.
or Prince.
Or Or Or.....

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
This should be in either MEMBER NEWS or OFF TOPIC
I agree with you on this point. All I am saying yes there are things I did not agree with about his life, we all have failures. But there is a lot the media did not cover about his life outside of the ring that were positive that all families got benefited from. Charities, foundations, homes built. I love BB King, Michael Jackson, Prince, and Even some old George Carlin just could not take all the cursing ;)! Who by the way was a big Supporter of Muhammad Ali!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think we did discuss Prince though I don't remember where the thread was at as far as what section.
Decades ago Mr Clay did things that many Americans did for their own reasons BUT that was not the entire man. Millions of dollars were donated to Parkinson's disease research because of him, countless young black men saw him as a role model that helped them stay on the right side of the law and never give up on their dreams to get out of the ghetto.
We can hold what he did 50 years ago against his legacy or we can choose to see what became of him and his positive impact on this nation. There have been numerous examples of heinous or cowardly acts being done in the name of a religion but I've never seen where Ali was a participant in any of them. Had it not been for his Islamic conversion he'd have still found a way to skip the draft, possibly doing like so many cowards and moving to Canada and never having a positive impact on the youth of multiple generations.
I wonder if he was an isheep or asheep?
Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><