RIP droid 2

nickb1

Reaction score
Ive had it since it came out but it looks like this is the end.

After hours and hours of attempting to repair my trigger happy deleting finger to get the update, it looks like it fried.

Its no longer responsive, and gets extremely hot within 5 minutes of being on. I cant do anything. It looks like i will be taking it in tomorrow.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you can still get to the Moto logo at boot, then you can flash it with RSDLite back to stock.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Exactly! I'm assuming that you can since you mentioned it being on..?

If you can still get to the Moto logo at boot, then you can flash it with RSDLite back to stock.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
It looks more intimidating than it actually is -- all you're doing is a firmware flash, like you might any other device. It will restore you to a new-in-box software state with the most recent version for the D2.

Sorry for the double post, I'm 5 drinks deep and had a long day at work.

OP
N

nickb1

Reaction score
It looks more intimidating than it actually is -- all you're doing is a firmware flash, like you might any other device. It will restore you to a new-in-box software state with the most recent version for the D2.

Sorry for the double post, I'm 5 drinks deep and had a long day at work.
Thanks i will try, my phone was fine before i did a factory reset then it got all weird? I wonder what caused it?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

It is stock. How would i get rsd lite?

Maybe I am missing something but if you said that it is stock and is not rooted then it could be hardware related, I would get a replacement.

OP
N

nickb1

Reaction score

It is stock. How would i get rsd lite?

Maybe I am missing something but if you said that it is stock and is not rooted then it could be hardware related, I would get a replacement.

Stock rom, it is rooted. I didn't do anything that would of caused this, just took it out of my pocket and was unresponsive, started force closing, then rebooting to the droid eye (never went to the M).

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
oh ok, my bad....

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
It could still be hardware. If you have the time, I say try an SBF restore, see what happens, and then go from there.

I'm actually about to do the exact same thing since the OTA update hates me.

OP
N

nickb1

Reaction score
It could still be hardware. If you have the time, I say try an SBF restore, see what happens, and then go from there.

I got it all ready just need more juice, which 2.3 version are you gonna use? Dedoxed or Odexed or full? I guess im using Odexed since i have that fully downloaded, i have no idea what that is but oh well.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score

I got it all ready just need more juice, which 2.3 version are you gonna use? Dedoxed or Odexed or full? I guess im using Odexed since i have that fully downloaded, i have no idea what that is but oh well.

I'm using the full SBF to flash completely back to stock. I'll nee to reroot and reinstall with Titanium when I'm done. 43% -- No problems so far.

Deodexed is for programmers and custom ROM writers and users, Odexed is stock, and Full SBF is a new-in-box equivalent. SBF is the standard flash format that the manufacturer uses to make your phone the way it is when you first start it.

OP
N

nickb1

Reaction score

I'm using the full SBF to flash completely back to stock. I'll nee to reroot and reinstall with Titanium when I'm done. 43% -- No problems so far.

Deodexed is for programmers and custom ROM writers and users, Odexed is stock, and Full SBF is a new-in-box equivalent. SBF is the standard flash format that the manufacturer uses to make your phone the way it is when you first start it.
I did the full but it seems like just before its done it disconnects and fails, is there something im doing wrong?