Rintone and notification questions:

Audiophobe

Reaction score
I have a Droid.
How do I:
-Use download a ringtone other than the one's offered by Verizon?
-Adjust volume on email and text alerts without always having to go to Settings>Sound>Volume>then adjusting the notification volume. Is there a way to do this quicker?
Is there a way to adjust email and Text notif. Vol separately?
Thanks

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
I use an app called Timerriffic. Within that app I can setup profiles that control my ringtones, notifications and their volume. I have profiles for work (which include vibrate for text and calls only, notifications are silent); home has my ringtone and notifications set a various levels depending on what I want to hear; my sleep mode has only the ringer on all else is silent. And you set these by the clock as well so you do not have to remember to adjust the volume or reset to another profile during the day.

As for ringtones, I also use Ringdroid to create custom ringtones using my music that is loaded on my phone. Within in each app you have a notification setting that you can choose different ringtones for each one. Again without a special app you are restricted to setting your notifications and ringtone levels through the settings menu.

OP
A

Audiophobe

Reaction score
I use an app called Timerriffic. Within that app I can setup profiles that control my ringtones, notifications and their volume. I have profiles for work (which include vibrate for text and calls only, notifications are silent); home has my ringtone and notifications set a various levels depending on what I want to hear; my sleep mode has only the ringer on all else is silent. And you set these by the clock as well so you do not have to remember to adjust the volume or reset to another profile during the day.

As for ringtones, I also use Ringdroid to create custom ringtones using my music that is loaded on my phone. Within in each app you have a notification setting that you can choose different ringtones for each one. Again without a special app you are restricted to setting your notifications and ringtone levels through the settings menu.

Thanks for that.
I'm surprised how cumbersome this volume/setting system is for such an advanced smartphone.

tmansportsfan

Reaction score
Ok I'm new here and don't know how to post a message on my own(start a new one). So here is my question: I want to have my phone on sound so I hear my ringtone, but I want to hear no sound and have it vibrate when I get a text, email, etc. Please help. Thanks!

Card

Reaction score
@ Audiophobe: There is an app available for free on the market called AudioManager. You can add a widget to your home screen that allows you to easily adjust volumes for ringtones, notifications, media volume, earpiece volume, etc. And like others have mentioned, Ringdroid is a great free app to set ringtones and notifications. You can also set different sounds for e-mail and text. When in the Mail app or Messaging app, go to the settings. You can set a specific tone for that app, as well adjust vibrate settings.

@ tmsportsfan. As in my reply to the OP...When in the Mail app or Messaging app, go to the settings. You can set a specific tone for that app, as well adjust vibrate settings. Also, you can go into your main phone settings and manually turn down the Notification volume.

OP
A

Audiophobe

Reaction score
@ Audiophobe: There is an app available for free on the market called AudioManager. You can add a widget to your home screen that allows you to easily adjust volumes for ringtones, notifications, media volume, earpiece volume, etc. And like others have mentioned, Ringdroid is a great free app to set ringtones and notifications. You can also set different sounds for e-mail and text. When in the Mail app or Messaging app, go to the settings. You can set a specific tone for that app, as well adjust vibrate settings.

@ tmsportsfan. As in my reply to the OP...When in the Mail app or Messaging app, go to the settings. You can set a specific tone for that app, as well adjust vibrate settings. Also, you can go into your main phone settings and manually turn down the Notification volume.

Thanks! I'll give it a shot.