Ringtones

Robo-dRoid

Reaction score
ok so I set my default ringtone, but now i want to set for each contact i used the music player and used set as contact but none of my contacts show up due to the contacts not being saved on my phone but on my gmail any have any suggestions? also checked everything in contacts and didnt see any option.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a Droid so my suggestions my be different for your phone.

Sync your Gmail (contacts) to your phone. Once you have the contacts tap the contact, tap menu, tap options, tap add ringtone.

Hope this is helpful.

OP
Robo-dRoid

Robo-dRoid

Reaction score
Appreciate suggestion not working looks like i need a way to save my gmail contacts onto my phone, my contacts sohw up but cant add a customer ringtone for the contact

OP
Robo-dRoid

Robo-dRoid

Reaction score
easier way hit menu button and hit more than export to sd then import back and select phone not gmail worked great thx for all the help :)

NamoGuy

Reaction score
I have a Droid so my suggestions my be different for your phone.

Sync your Gmail (contacts) to your phone. Once you have the contacts tap the contact, tap menu, tap options, tap add ringtone.

Hope this is helpful.

This is important step getting the contacts to you phone. In my case I had sync with Facebook, Gmail, and twitter.. For the life of my I could not get an option for ring tones.. So I ended up creating a new contact in "Phone" with the same name as my desired contact but didn't put in any other details. My Phone automatically linked the two contacts and then when I went to edit the contact I had a tab at the top that let me switch between Google, and Phone, once on the Phone tab I could add a custom ring tone to that contact.