Ringtones

Tas

Reaction score
How the heck do I set my music as a ringtone? Is this even possible? It just gives me the constellation ringtones that came with the phone. Also when I go to a song, it doesn't give me the option to set it as a ringtone. What am I missing?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

lowvolt

Reaction score
Download an app called ringdroid. Its on the market. You can create ringtones from any music file right on the phone.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
+1 for ringroid, or you can make them as mp3 files on your pc and transfer them over, that's what I do.

OP
Tas

Tas

Reaction score
So it's not possible without an app? I remember on the Droid, when you went to a song and you clicked the menu button, it gave you the option to set it as a ringtone. Did they stop this where u have to buy the song to be able to make it a ringtone. Like the iPhone. Was this just froyo that you could do that?

OP
Tas

Tas

Reaction score
Got it. Phew. Couple of extra steps though. Downloaded Astro File Manager and found ringtones folder. Then went to my music folder and copy and pasted wanted song to ringtones folder. Then it showed up in ringtones. Ta-da!!!

KaosMcRage

Reaction score
Got it. Phew. Couple of extra steps though. Downloaded Astro File Manager and found ringtones folder. Then went to my music folder and copy and pasted wanted song to ringtones folder. Then it showed up in ringtones. Ta-da!!!
I'm actually still unable to set my MP3s as ringtones. I copied a few into the /sdcard/Ringtones directory and they still don't show up in my ringtone selection. Bizarre.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm actually still unable to set my MP3s as ringtones. I copied a few into the /sdcard/Ringtones directory and they still don't show up in my ringtone selection. Bizarre.
If you haven't rebooted go ahead - the system should recognize them after :)

KaosMcRage

Reaction score
Oh I have, a few times (not always by choice, thanks to a few games that don't seem to be playing very well with ICS yet). No love.

OP
Tas

Tas

Reaction score
But when did this change? Cause that was the most awesomest thing where I could just hit menu on a song and chose "set as ringtone". Noticed I wasn't able to that when I rom'ed a gingerbread os. Was easily done with froyo. Just wondering.

tatuud

Reaction score
You're partially correct in trying to load ringtones. The file you need to open is "mnt", from there go to "SD" file then the ringtone file. Copy your ringtones and notifications into each file and your ringtones/notifications will work. hope this helps.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

nitrate28

Reaction score

I got Astro and it only seems to allow me access to my SD card (can't find the internal ringtone folder).