1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

ringtones won't stay assigned

Discussion in 'Droid 4 Tech Support' started by aloha52, Jul 21, 2012.

1. aloha52

aloha52 New Member

Well I'm back with the same problem..
    I do NOT understand why Droid 4 keeps changing my ringtones. This shouldn't be rocket science for heaven's sake!! Droid keeps going back to the 'default' ringtones. I originally had Ringdroid assign them, and it works for awhile... then suddenly all the ringtones have changed AGAIN. If anyone knows a fix for this, I would so much appreciate it. Thanks
  2. gossipninja

gossipninja New Member

i have noticed this when the ringtone is on the SDCard (the d4 sees it as sdcard-ext) and the phone is plugged into thru usb as a MASS STORAGE DEVICE.

When the phone is in mass storage mode the sdcard (both sdcard and sdcard-ext) unmount from the phone to mount on the computer, during this android defaults the ringtone to whatever, It seems when the sdcard is remounted on android, it does not always relink the ringtones. You could try moving the ringtones to a non-sdcard area and then the phone should not unmount them.
  3. aloha52

aloha52 New Member

I was wondering if I were able to move my downloaded ringtones into the system ringtones, would they stay put? However when I tried to do that with Root Explorer, it said I had to 'root' the phone. I understand that can be a big can of worms, so I'm reluctant. Besides, it might not work like I was thinking anyway. Thoughts?
  4. gossipninja

gossipninja New Member

yes you would need to be rooted, luckily with the "droid 4 utility" which can be found in the "hacks" forum, root can be achieved pretty easily.
  5. schatzy62

schatzy62 New Member

I would suspect that Ringdroid has had updates and when updates come trhu some programs loose their data for such things as assigning ringtones.

Try setting them up without using Ringdroid and see if they stay. I have NEVER had ring tone reset if it is done thru the phone and not an add on program.
  6. jackofall1232

jackofall1232 New Member

Ok this would be good advice if....

I am having the same problem with my phone. It changes ringtones of my alarms the ringtone of my messages, my phone calls.. etc.
    I thought it was an app so I un-installed everything and it still does it.
    I thought maybe a virus ...so I installed (and Un-installed) several different antivirus with no results.
    I do have ringtones on SD card and on the phone... and they all reset when one does. Some to other Ringtones on the SD card some to ones saved on the phone. I haven't hooked my phone up to my computer in a few months so I know it isn't hooking it up like mass storage device doing it.
Search tags for this page
android keeps changing ringtone

android ringtone won't save

android ringtones keep resetting
custom ringtones dont stay on galaxy s4
droid razr m ringtone assignments

galaxy s3 ringtone wont change

my android cellphone ringtones wont stay set
my phone ringtone wont change
my ringtones wont stay assigned to contacts
my samsung s3 wont change ringtone
ringtones wont stay assigned