Ringtones stopped

emdy62282

Reaction score
I have had my Droid 2 for a few weeks now and have installed a few ringtone apps such as 2 Metallica, 1 System of a Down, Mabilo, and a ringtone player. I had maybe 8-10 ringtones downloaded and they worked great for a few days then all of a sudden they just stopped this past sunday. When someone calls me it just gives me a generic phone ring. I go into the ringtone player and they all say read error. I uninstalled everything and reinstalled and I can't even preview songs off of those apps once installed. Are the apps just defective or is it my phone? I also have installed the task manager and I uninstall with the uninstaller pro app if that helps. Anyone that can help me is greatly appreciated. I really liked my ringtones.

bsubenvis

Reaction score
At one point my music started doing that. I did a battery pull, which is not suggested but it did fix the issue. Turning the phone on and off should accomplish the same thing. It is possible that the apps you downloaded the tones from is not working or was uninstalled, your task killer could be causing the problem as well.
I guess I didn't help much but I do know I was getting that same error until I turned my phone on/off.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have The same issue every few weeks if I don't restart my phone. If you restart it they should start working again.

cexshun

Reaction score
Yep, this happens often and it's only for MP3 ringtones. I converted all of my MP3 tones into ogg files and no longer have the issue.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My phone doesn't discriminate. Every few weeks my phone will fail to play all file types until I restart it.

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
This seems to be a normal thing on these phones, I try and restart it at least once every couple of days, it seems to take care of those bugs.