ringtones not ringing

debmath1960

Reaction score
I wanted room post z problem I was having n how I resolved it on my droid 2. For no reason one day my ring tones all stopped working. When I would go to my setups n go to reset my notification ring tone the majority of my ring tones were all the same ringing sound no matter which tone I would try to set. I also went to several of my ring tone downloads n tried to download new ring tones only to get a reply of "cannot download this ringtone at this time" I got this error no matter which ringtonesite I went. After trying different things I finally found out what was causing the problem. Apparently when u download a live action wallpaper that has a 5 day limited full version as ur wallpaper n when the 5 days r up it causes ur ringtones todo exactly what I discribed above. Once I changed my live wallpage back ground my ringtones work just. Like there suppose to. Hope ymthis helps others.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wanted room post z problem I was having n how I resolved it on my droid 2. For no reason one day my ring tones all stopped working. When I would go to my setups n go to reset my notification ring tone the majority of my ring tones were all the same ringing sound no matter which tone I would try to set. I also went to several of my ring tone downloads n tried to download new ring tones only to get a reply of "cannot download this ringtone at this time" I got this error no matter which ringtonesite I went. After trying different things I finally found out what was causing the problem. Apparently when u download a live action wallpaper that has a 5 day limited full version as ur wallpaper n when the 5 days r up it causes ur ringtones todo exactly what I discribed above. Once I changed my live wallpage back ground my ringtones work just. Like there suppose to. Hope ymthis helps others.
Welcome to the Droid Forums and thank you for posting that.

What I might suggest what you do in the future for your ringtones is that you download a program called ringdroid from the Market. It's free and will allow you to make your own ringtones from existing mp3 files. Very easy to use.