Ringtones DL

koralyne

Reaction score
Im about to switch over to the droid, with verizon, and i was wondering about the ringtones.

I make a ton of personal ringtones for me and my friends. It works fine on my instinct currently, but my friend got the solstice, and every time he downloads a ringtone, it goes directly to his music folder and he cant use them for ringtones.

Does the droid have this problem?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I haven't... I have them sent as a MMS and then save them to my SDCard or create my own and copy them over.....

OP
koralyne

koralyne

Reaction score
I haven't... I have them sent as a MMS and then save them to my SDCard or create my own and copy them over.....

hmm... i used a hosting site, (funformobile) and i edit the sound files on my computer, upload them, and send them to my phone. It sends a download link in a text message, and i go from there. how did you send them via message? a site or from a phone?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
From sites....Why not just transfer the directly to the phone?

OP
koralyne

koralyne

Reaction score
From sites....Why not just transfer the directly to the phone?

hmm, didnt think of that. my instinct doesnt do that, the media manager just does pics, music, and video. Thanks :)

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
You dont need the media manager to transfer files....Mount the SDcard and drag and drop.....

Olivia

Reaction score
Yep I drag and drop also. I also love Ringdroid! It's awesome! You can use the music on your phone to cut any part of the song, and it saves it to a ringtone right on your phone. Like I said - awesome!

DroidFan

Reaction score
I also drag/drop into my music folder and then just add them to ringtones. Works like a charm!

OP
koralyne

koralyne

Reaction score
Yep I drag and drop also. I also love Ringdroid! It's awesome! You can use the music on your phone to cut any part of the song, and it saves it to a ringtone right on your phone. Like I said - awesome!
wow, that cuts out the middleman, or computer. thats better than i had hoped.

._. cant wait to get the droid even more now

pockets

Reaction score
get ringdroid, best way to customize music ringtones and notifacations