1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Ringtones constantly re-assigned

Discussion in 'Droid X2 Tech Support' started by hoopoe87, Oct 26, 2011.

1. hoopoe87

hoopoe87 New Member

Every so often (I'm not sure what causes it to happen), my phone removes all the personalized ringtones I've made and assigned to contacts. They are still in the music folder, but they are no longer assigned to anyone. This is also the case for notification tones. I'm using .mp3 files I created using Audacity on my computer that were added to the phone via USB. Is there any way to stop this from happening? Is it the software, or the type of files I'm using.

Thanks in advance.
  2. igknight

igknight New Member

I have had this same issue and in the past. I think it has to do with the sounds being on the SD card, and possibly having issues reading it when the phone rings. I noticed all my sounds were being set back to ones in \system\media\audio\ringtones\

I fixed it by deleting the stupid ringtones in \system\media\audio\ringtones\ and moving the ones I created from my SD card to that directory (I'm rooted). Have never had any more issues.
Search tags for this page

my droid razor assigned ringtones arent working