Ringtones and notifications

cassiejo08

Reaction score
Hey guys, so I was wondering how you make ringtones for notifications..for instance, you can buy v cast ringtones and ringback tones, but I was wondering how I make those ringtones that I buy on v cast my text message ringtone. Thanks so much!
<3 cassie

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think they would be saved in the proper directory so that when you go in to the sounds settings and choose to change the notification (home/menu/settings/sound/notification ringtone) you would be able to find them with the other android notification tones.

however if you want you can download ringdroid from the marketplace and use it to cut ringtones/notification tones from the music already stored on your sd card instead of having to pay for vzw tones. when using ringdroid you can choose to save a file as either ringtone or notification and then you would apply them by the same process i explained earlier.

Reaction score
I just got the TB and I'm confused. I used ringdroid to save a couple of MP3s to notifications which worked fine...for about a day. Twice they've simply vanished and I'm back to the default sound. What in the world is happening to them?

ETA: Just to confirm, the files are still on the phone and I can play them. They just don't show up in the list anymore to be able to select them.

starwolf1336

Reaction score
There is also a app called Rings Extended. It allows you to pick ringtones or notifications or alarms no matter where the sound file is located.