Ringtones/Alert Tones

ReyZero

Reaction score
My Droid 2 seems to have some problems retaining the sounds used for Alarms and Notifications.
I have on the SD card Media/Alarms/A.mp3 & Media/Notifications/N.mp3
Initially they worked fine, the alarm section could only see the A.mp3 and all notifications could only see the N.mp3, however they now seem to bleed back and forth randomly playing the incorrect sounds for different events. Sometimes I'll get A to sound when I get an e-mail or plug in the USB.
I wish I could nail the problem specifically but it likes to change randomly, seems to happen after I've plugged the phone to my computer and the SD card gets unmounted from it, then remounted.
I've already changed all the tones from the default to the specific, and I'm assuming it gets lost in translation since it can't see it when it's mounted.

Anyone know of this issue, or maybe a way to place the files on the phone memory itself?

gossamar

Reaction score
download ringdroid from the market. free app and gives you many options for this type of thing. I think I set up the following files based upon information on another forum
//media/audio/alarms
//media/audio/notifications
//media/audio/ringtones

goodluck

StormKatt

Reaction score
Still can't see alarm/alert tones

I formatted the SD as you said, but I still only see the pre-installed Droid tones, plus one that I saved from a text (that I don't want but don't have the option to delete). I cannot get to any other alarm/alert tones!