Ringtones added to Contacts

kjgizmo

Reaction score
okay, I'm going nuts here. I just got my new Droid 2 and I have figured out how to add my music into ringtones, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to add that ringtone to my contact. I've gone into the contact and there is NO place that says "add ringtone" help me please!!!!:icon_ banana:

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
go to contacts, select the person u want to add the ringtone too then scroll to the bottom where it says additional info and click the arrow button all the way to the right then scroll down more till u see call handling then add a ringtone to this contact by pressing the arrow next to it

OP
K

kjgizmo

Reaction score
I opened contact and at the bottom of my droid 2 is a "linked profile" display and i arrowed over but nothing showed except outgoing calls. I touch the little square box and that opens to edit, delete, link contact, unlink contact, invite to, and store name card. Under edit, it only brings me to make changes with my contact and i see nothing about adding a ringtone...........what am i doing wrong????? i feel sooooooo stupid!!!!

MNDuke

Reaction score
I use Ringdroid, which allows me to set which part of the song plays.

pool_shark

Reaction score
I opened contact and at the bottom of my droid 2 is a "linked profile" display and i arrowed over but nothing showed except outgoing calls. I touch the little square box and that opens to edit, delete, link contact, unlink contact, invite to, and store name card. Under edit, it only brings me to make changes with my contact and i see nothing about adding a ringtone...........what am i doing wrong????? i feel sooooooo stupid!!!!

Open the contact. Hit menu - edit. Scroll all the way down to the bottom where it says additional info and hit the arrow.
Scroll all the way down again and hit Call handling ringtone.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score

just one missing step....

when you get to the page with the linked profiles, hit your soft menu key (the 4 squares on the bottom left of your phone)

from there, hit edit

THEN, follow what Montecarlo said
select the person u want to add the ringtone too then scroll to the bottom where it says additional info and click the arrow button all the way to the right then scroll down more till u see call handling then add a ringtone to this contact by pressing the arrow next to it

EDIT - I see you got to the edit screen. When you get there, THEN go to additional info and hit the arrow. It will drop down more info. Scroll down to the bottom and you will see

Rintone
No ringtone specified v

touch the arrow down button there and it will pull up your ringtone selector.

Last edited:
OP
K

kjgizmo

Reaction score
Duh........I feel sooooooo stupid!!! I was hitting the Additional info and the little arrow dropped down, but because the "SAVE" and Discard Changes" boxes are there and so large, I didn't think to just scroll, DUH :icon_eek:

I got it now..........thank you everyone, I happy now dancedroid:icon_ banana::)