Ringtone Won't Save...

Likwid_E

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4
My ringtone has been fine when I select which one I choose. I always set it and kept it that way just fine.

But until recently I just downloaded GO Dialer EX and set it as the default program. So now when I receive a phone call, my ringtone gets reset and plays one of the preset ones on the phone. Not the one I selected...

So I then have to go back into settings and change it back to the one I want. But it doesn't really matter because it'll reset again!

Is it just a coincidence that I downloaded GO Dialer EX and my ringtones are now resetting?.. Also, how do I remove the default settings for it? I can't find "GO Dialer EX" on my app list...

Halpz plzxxx,?..,.??

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
It should be in there. Go to settings - apps - all and locate it. Once you find it click it and select clear defaults.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP
Likwid_E

Likwid_E

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4
I figured it out...

I went through it 5 times and "GO Dialer" was not in the app list.

Then I remembered, GO Dialer came installed WITH "GO Contacts EX" in a package...

I cleared the defaults for Contacts EX, now I'm able to use the original dialer again because it reset that as well.

My ringer works fine now.

Although I wonder why I can't seem to set up a custom ringtone using GO Dialer?... Is there an option I'm missing??

I really like GO Dialer. But it won't keep my selected ringtone. :blink:

Reaction score
Try exiting go launcher, then change ringtone, then go back to go launcher. Don't know if that will work but it did for me on a different setting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD