Ringtone when I connect my DroidX to my computer...won't stop.

MRex21

Reaction score
Hey folks,

I poked around here and couldn't find an answer. I just picked up a new DroidX. I noticed when I connect it to my computer, a ring tone starts playing...and playing...and playing.

I can't get the thing to turn off, nor can I change any settings for it to stop entirely. This happens when I plug the USB cord into the phone and the port on my desktop. It happens when I attempt to tether as well.

I'm using LauncherPro on an unrooted DroidX. I ported everything over from my Moto Droid. Everything else works perfectly.

I attempted to search the phone settings and thought I found it with Settings>Sound>SD card notifications. I unchecked that, but the sound still plays.

Any fixes for this? I don't want this thing firing off every time I tether my laptop at work.

Thanks. dancedroid

Reaction score
do any other windows open up? i know there is a motorola sync thing that will automatically run on your computer when you hook the phone up. if it's that, right click the motorola logo in your task bar and there should be an option along the lines of do nothing at launch.

OP
MRex21

MRex21

Reaction score
do any other windows open up? i know there is a motorola sync thing that will automatically run on your computer when you hook the phone up. if it's that, right click the motorola logo in your task bar and there should be an option along the lines of do nothing at launch.

It's already checked 'do nothing'. This is something on the phone, I think.

OP
MRex21

MRex21

Reaction score
Nothing?

No suggestions?

royolpunk

Reaction score
Check if u have any other accounts currently logged in on the computer, the media sync program might be running through there

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
MRex21

MRex21

Reaction score
Ok...

...let me clarify. I need an answer on how to turn this off. I'd prefer not to get random guesses.

When I plug my phone into the computer for charging, or tethering, a ringtone (the default ringtone) goes off and playes for several seconds. It is obviously something on the phone, and if it's there, it should be able to be turned off. I can't figure out how to do it even though I've searched through the various settings.

Does someone actually know how to turn this off?

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Thank you!

That put me closer, at least. For some reason, it doesn't offer a 'silent' option, but, at least, I set it to one of the short notification ringtones rather than the default ring.
Are u rooted? If so I am currently working on disabling the usb auto mediasync so I can prob work on a sound disable too....if u r rooted.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
MRex21

MRex21

Reaction score
Not rooted. Not interested in rooting.

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
No worries :)
Just thought I'd offer.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

possium8

Reaction score
When you plug your phone into the computer to charge or what ever just drag down the top part of your screen and you get your menu and it will stop ringing.