Ringtone Question

scher215

Reaction score
Im not sure if this has been answered or not, but if it has i apologize for asking again!

I am trying to set up my phone in this way.

-Specific ringtones for some contacts. (SMS)

-A default rington for all others (SMS)

-a seperate ringtone for all phone calls (or just phone calls for those without a contact ringtone)

-A seperate ringtone for MMS

-A seperate rington for e-mail (not Gmail)

All of these would be MP3 ringtones that i have already made and put onto my phone, but i do not know how to set this up. I have got all my contact ringtones in already however, so those worked. I just cant get my mp3 ringtones to show up under overall messaging notifications. I am also using SMS popup.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for my Droid to arrive tomorrow, but I believe I read that you can assign certain tones to each contact via the menu when you have the contact on screen. There is also a ringtone app in the market place that can asign rings and alerts.

mjs31

Reaction score
Im not sure if this has been answered or not, but if it has i apologize for asking again!

I am trying to set up my phone in this way.

-Specific ringtones for some contacts. (SMS)

-A default rington for all others (SMS)

-a seperate ringtone for all phone calls (or just phone calls for those without a contact ringtone)

-A seperate ringtone for MMS

-A seperate rington for e-mail (not Gmail)

All of these would be MP3 ringtones that i have already made and put onto my phone, but i do not know how to set this up. I have got all my contact ringtones in already however, so those worked. I just cant get my mp3 ringtones to show up under overall messaging notifications. I am also using SMS popup.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Download a free app from marketplace called tone picker. Then when you select any ringtone or alert to change it, it will give you the option to use tone picker. When you select it all songs and tones will show as an option. This includes contacts. We have an app for that: -)

Last edited:
OP
S

scher215

Reaction score
First of all, tone picker worked amazing.

i also have one more question tho ...

i have set individual ringtones (Contacts -> click on contact -> Menu -> Options) and it works for phone calls, but is there a way to set notification tones for individual contacts??? i.e. SMS, MMS, etc? Tone picker worked for the default notification tone, and e-mail tone, but not for setting individual contacts.

Is this possible to do?

GSteagall

Reaction score
I'm actually trying to find a solution to this as well. No app I've found as of yet has this capability :(

grandkai

Reaction score
I have been using Ringo Lite. This app not only lets you set the ringtones for your contacts but the SMS tones as well. I believe the Pro version has more options for other individual settings.