1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Ringtone problem since switching to v1.0

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by riahon, May 5, 2010.

1. riahon

riahon New Member

I'm coming from UD10 to BB 1.0. Since switching, I can't access my own ringtones. I can see them in the media/audio/ringtones folder on my sd card, but I can't select them in settings. Any ideas??
  2. Coots

Coots New Member

Well, I don't exactly know what the problem is, but I may have a solution for you. If you are wanting to set one your music files / audio files as your ringtone or notification, I always had to download a app that would let me do it. Because the Droid didn't come w/ that function to allow me to do it. Someone showed me this app a good bit ago, I don't know if some ROMs come w/ this type function aleady and some don't etc.

But this works for me.... Rings Extended - Android app on AppBrain

Name of it is Rings Extended. When you go to select a ringtone it'll ask what to use, click Rings Extended and it then shows you your music files etc.

BUT, I have heard that if you use a ringtone that's on your SD Card that it could cause some random rebooting... *shrug*
  3. johnnyvol

johnnyvol New Member

I ran into this as well. When trying to set a custom tone, do you see an option to "complete action using" and the choice of selecting "Android System" or "Select Music"? Choose select music and everything on your SD card should show up.

I have handcent installed, and do not know if that has anything to do with this, but the icon for select music is the same as the handcent icon.

Hope this helps.