Ringtone/Notification Tone App

KsKnightmare

Reaction score
i was just wondering what everyones favorite ringtone/notification tone app was. i just want short ringers (not songs) that i can use as my notifications. right now im using Zedge, but ive gone through most of the tones. What do you all use?

Phreaker47

Reaction score
I do things manually. I think of sounds I want, and I go find them. If you can find/learn your way around a sound editor to save just the portion you want (I use Cool Edit Pro / Adobe Audition) and encode it as, say, a 64kbps mono MP3, you are golden. Why be limited to what an app offers you?

I have, however, saved a few choice sounds from a couple of soundboard apps. Search for "Soundboard" in the market, and there's tons of free ones. If you find some you like, most of these apps offer a "save as ringtone/notification" option. Example: get the Looney Tunes one, and you can have Bugs Bunny saying "What's this? A letter, for me!". Heh.. perfect email notification.

OP
KsKnightmare

KsKnightmare

Reaction score
I do things manually. I think of sounds I want, and I go find them. If you can find/learn your way around a sound editor to save just the portion you want (I use Cool Edit Pro / Adobe Audition) and encode it as, say, a 64kbps mono MP3, you are golden. Why be limited to what an app offers you?

awesome, ive used ringdroid to make ringtones from songs but i was just looking for sounds. ill try to do some of this and see how it works. thanks :)

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use 4shared from days gone by and ringo to set up tones for calls and individual text tones for contacts.
I've got Zedge on my phone but only to find a camera sound tone for my brothers text tone. For music tones I make my own
I took the photon torpedo 3 blast and cut it to 1 blast and took the ones I use for my family and cut them to 1 second for their text tones, like ring a ding is my middle daughters call tone but the 1st second of it is her text tone
wified from my Incredible monolith using SlideIT on Tapatalk

Android Man

Reaction score
I use the free app ringdroid. It works like a top and is really easy. It uses music/sound files you have loaded into your device. it is available at the android market.

awjones

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I just released an app to the market called Ringleader. It is a ringtone manager / ringtone profile manager. Basically, it lets you manage all of your application's ringtones from one central screen. I have a free version and also a Pro version which I am planning on adding a bunch of future enhancements. The extras with the Pro version include a widget and a Tasker-plugin for anybody that uses Tasker.

If you're interested, please check it out and give me some feedback.

If you search the market for "Ringleader" you should be able to find it.

Thanks!

-Andy