Ringtone not working with SD Card

mrcorleone87

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a problem with my Sony Xperia Go (running the newest android) It's brand new, bought it just few weeks ago. Yesterday I finally went to get myself SD Card (8gb, class 10 UHS 30mb/s Sandisk) and everything was good, but when I copied about 40mb worth of mp3 onto it , the ringtone started responding slowly when someone calls. The phone lights up and starts vibrating but the ringtone starts ringing about 5 seconds later which obviously gives me less time to answer the call. What's really strange is that even when I copied the ringtone onto the internal storage the problems remains. But when I completely remove the SD card from the device, everything works fine! Anybody has a clue?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would agree. I would imagine that anyone who can help you has likely completely ignored your thread by now with that subject.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Mandymakesapps, is there any way the subject could be changed so that more people would notice. Maybe subject of "ringtone not working with sd card" or something similar might draw more attention. More attention might solicit more ideas for a solution.

One suggestion might be to try another sd card to see if the problem persists. If not then the fault would be with the sd card and not the phone.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe subject of "ringtone not working with sd card" or something similar might draw more attention. More attention might solicit more ideas for a solution.

Good idea, done!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

OP
mrcorleone87

mrcorleone87

Reaction score
OK Mandy, let's see if changing the subject will make a difference.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
It may not unless someone else has had the same problem but worth a try. Have you tried putting in another sd card to see if you still get the same problem.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

OP
mrcorleone87

mrcorleone87

Reaction score
I will try out a different SD card however it wouldn't make any sense since as I mentioned this one is the best one on the market. I think it's an Android issue. It seems as if every time someone rings, the phone searches the SD card for the ringtone and then goes to search the internal storage (where the ringtone is located) instead of going straight to the ringtone's location. It would make sense since like I said, the problems started when I copied some data onto the SD card. There was no problem when the card was empty. So I think I know what the problem is, I just don't know what can I do about it..

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
It sounds as though the ringtones got moved to the external sd card or they somehow got deleted from the internal storage... which would make sense because the phone should first access the internal storage for a ringtone but if it's not there, it will continue to search or not ring.

sent from my Note2 using tapatalk 4 beta

OP
mrcorleone87

mrcorleone87

Reaction score
Well it shows that the ringtone is exactly where it was but like I said it seems that the phone tries to access the external storage first to look for the ringtone and then goes to internal storage and that's why the delay. Hmm...

OP
mrcorleone87

mrcorleone87

Reaction score
OK guys, good news! The new update that came out few days ago has sorted the problem out! :) Anyway,thanks to everybody who answered my thread.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
OK guys, good news! The new update that came out few days ago has sorted the problem out! :) Anyway,thanks to everybody who answered my thread.

That is good news! Hallelujah!

sent from my Note2 using tapatalk 4 beta

michaelhatcher62

Reaction score
This could be a direct problem with either the copying of or the actual ringtone itself. Have you heard this ringtone on another device? it might just be that the ringtone was self-made and it starts late like that because of the ringtone itself. try playing it on the computer to see if it has that lag on the computer, maybe?