Ringtone moved from downloads to....?

Reaction score
Is there a program where I can move a ringtone from the downloads folder to the folder for ringtones so I can use it?

I used to use Bitpim but that won't work with the X. Is there something I'm missing? Thanks for the help.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Astro File Manager or Linda File Manager

OP
BrownstotheBone
Reaction score
Thanks I'll check them out. Am I looking for a "ringtones" folder then?

In other words... it's in my downloads folder and I need to move it to whatever the ringtones folder is.

Last edited:

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
you can make a folder on your SD card and name it media, then inside of that folder make one named ringtones, one named notifications, and one named alarms, whatever mp3 files you put into the according files will show up along side your stock notifications and ringtones in the sounds menu

OP
BrownstotheBone
Reaction score
you can make a folder on your SD card and name it media, then inside of that folder make one named ringtones, one named notifications, and one named alarms, whatever mp3 files you put into the according files will show up along side your stock notifications and ringtones in the sounds menu

Thank you very much. I was able to use Astro to navigate it into place some how without the extra folder. LOL

Really appreciate this forum. I've only had my X for 5 days but I've been reading these forums for weeks. They and the people here are oh so helpful.

Besides? What would I do without my Mission Impossible phone call alert!

Thanks again tparker76. :clap: