Ringtone (media/ringtone) Not Appearing

IcyDroid

Reaction score
I have had no issue with this on the original Motorola Droid but no matter what folders I had the custom ringtones I made using Audacity they will not show up on my phone. Did the media/ringtone, media/alarm, media/notifications as I did a long time ago but for some reason now it isn't working. I want to say that wasn't an issue with GB but ICS and now JB it isn't working...but who knows.

Is there a new method that I can't find to get them to show up? All I see are the stupid stock ones, plus the custom ones I had ages ago.

OP
IcyDroid

IcyDroid

Reaction score
Yeah I sure did, about 5 times. So far I've come to the conclusion that the only way to get it to work is to have a third party app that can assign/force the main ringtone. I downloaded the app 'Ringtone Maker' and so far that has allowed me to assign the ringtone. Ironically, it made the ringtone that I added show up on the master list.

Strange though, that I had to use an app to force this. I'd try a data wipe/clean restore on the phone but don't think that this is a serious enough issue for it...just frustrating nonetheless.

Thanks for the reply!

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I've never had to use a 3rd party app either. If it helps, this is how I did it in my Original Droid & this Galaxy Nexus. Here's a screenshot of my sd
Screenshot_2013-05-02-04-27-33_zps759bfd0b.png

Edit: Here's another view. Different file explorer, different file path
Screenshot_2013-05-26-11-05-01_zps9a63e639.png

Tapped from a Nexus

Last edited:
OP
IcyDroid

IcyDroid

Reaction score
Thanks for the screenshots :happy3: I'll try and reorganize the internal and SD storage later today if I get a chance and see what happens. I may have to do a FDR based on some other issues I'm having, and that may do some good.