Ringtone issues with 2.0.0

gadgetskopf

Reaction score
This one has been frustrating me for a few days now, and I think I finally figured out what is going on, so I posted it as a bug (#310). I'm reposting here on the chance someone has experienced it and has an idea how to fix it.

Ringtones and notifications that are utilizing files on SD are 'unset' following reboot. No radio buttons are selected. Sound events cause sounds to be picked for playing seemingly at random (though the same sound seems to play for the individual events once 'picked'). Individual contact custom ringtones show the filename of the newly picked sound. The sounds are picked from directories other than 'ringtones' or 'notifications' (as this is occasionally an audio book file, this can make for some rather long notifications... :blink: ). This happens at every boot. Selecting 'internal' ringtones (not on sd) functions as designed (so my thinking is that something is not waiting long enough for the SD scan to finish before setting the tone). When I flash back to 1.1.1 where the same SD residing ringtones are selected, there are no problems. My install of 2.0.0 is from a completely fresh system, with full data/cache wipe. All applications were either downloaded from the market or side-loaded. Settings/data were restored either manually, or with each apps own export/backup/import/restore functionality. My SD card is 16GB class 6 slightly over 50% full.

Help? Please? Anybody? Bueller?

OP
G

gadgetskopf

Reaction score
D'oh! Turns out I had a corrupted entry in my contacts. Whenever I set a custom ringtone for this contact, it scrambled all ringtone settings for anything not set to 'default'. Still a bug, in my opinion, as it did not happen in 1.1.1 (where the contact should have been the same as it was sync'ed directly from Google when I loaded 2.0.0)