Ringtone App

huckses

Reaction score
I'm having trouble installing a ringtone app (Super Loud Ringtones) from Google Playstore onto my Galaxy S4/Verizon. I had this app on my previous phone - Droid X2 and liked the loud clear ringtones.

When I try to install it now, I get an Error: "Couldn't install on USB Storage or SD Card". I've tried a bunch of stuff including calling Verizon AND Google Tech Support, but no help.

I'm actually a little confused about why the app is trying to install itself on my SD card instead of the device memory. I tried installing another loud ringtone app and it produced the same error, but other general-purpose apps install fine.

Anybody got suggestions?

Thanks,

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

That confuses me too. Have you restarted your phone? Did you get the update yet?

OP
H

huckses

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

That confuses me too. Have you restarted your phone? Did you get the update yet?

Yep - restarted the phone several times, tried it on WiFi and also disconnected from the WiFi, re-installed the Google PlayStore app - lots of unsuccessful attempts. And yes, I got the update this morning.

My thought is that I may have inadvertently changed some setting on my phone to force the app to install itself onto the SD card - but I don't know what specifically.

Thanks for the thoughts!