1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Ringleader 1.2 Released

Discussion in 'App Announcements' started by awjones, Oct 1, 2010.

1. awjones

awjones Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ringleader 1.3 Released

10-16-2010: Version 1.3 released - bug fixes / improvements to resolve FC's.

I have just published Ringleader 1.2 to the Market and there are quite a few changes...
    • You can now define multiple ringtone associations for applications like Gmail, Contacts, Alarms.
    • I have added a ton of volume / vibration controls.
    • Added the ability to remove ringtone associations.
    • Bug fixes (hopefully gets rid of a lot of the force-close issues that have been reported)
    • Ability to add ringtone descriptions (helpful for apps with multiple ringtones)
    Please let me know your experiences with this new version!

-Andy

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  2. dragonfly1113

dragonfly1113 New Member

pretty neat program, can you set different tones for different emails? say my wife emails me it gives me one notification while a stupid spam mail comes in gives me another notification? like custom notifications per email sender?
  3. awjones

You can set different ringtones for each email account, but you cannot set individual ringtones based on email rules unless your email application supports that (I don't believe Gmail has feature like that). That is a cool thought though!
  4. dragonfly1113

dragonfly1113 New Member

yeah for now i have this gmail notifications program that announces to me who emails are from by sender, so i guess thats fine for now.
  5. jeanettey

jeanettey New Member

Cool! Thank you for sharing this :)
  6. awjones

Ringleader 1.3 Released

I've just published Ringleader v1.3 to the market. This version has a number of bug fixes and general improvements that should help some users that were experiencing force closes. If you haven't checked it out, please give it a try. And if you were having issues previously, please download version 1.3 and give me some feedback.

Thanks!
  7. Nat211

Nat211 New Member

Andy.... Great App! A life saver... Thanks!... Can you offer any input on how to get different sounds with 2 seperate email accounts... I have a Yahoo account and a corporate account but buth fall under the "email" sounds. I cant seem to seperate them.

Thanks!
  8. awjones

Thanks! I appreciate it! I believe each account should have its own settings under the settings menu where you can specify which ringtone to use. I did have a corporate email account at one time for testing purposes and I believe you just need to navigate to your inbox for each account and specify its ringtone settings. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, I pushed out an update (1.3.1) which should allow you to disable your LED notifications. I can't stand it when my LED is blinking in the middle of the night! ;)
  9. Nat211

Nat211 New Member

Thanks for the quick reply... I'll try it again... If I recall, when I did that before, it came up with the "multiple ringtones?" popup and asked if the app had multiple ringtones... Everything else works great... (PS: what was the intent of the multiple ringtones option)?

Thanks!
  10. awjones

The "multiple ringtones" popup is how you would associate different ringtones for multiple accounts within an application (such as multiple Yahoo email accounts or if you have multiple Gmail accounts). It also is how you would manage multiple contacts with different ringtones. This kinda sounds like what you are trying to do. If so, answer "Yes" to this and you should see your email application listed twice within Ringleader (once for each account/ringtone). This is how I handle multiple contacts, alarms, email accounts, and basically any app that has multiple ringtones.

I hope that helps!
  11. acemaxx

acemaxx New Member

question about vibrate settings

Hello,

First off, thank you for the awesome app! I migrated from a Blackberry and was going nuts without my sound profiles.

I just have a question about vibrate mode. I have a Ringleader profile with all sounds turned off and phone ringer and notifications set to vibrate. I have two email accounts (one corporate and one gmail). I set the corporate email sound to 'silent' and left the gmail sound to my standard one. I was hoping that these settings would allow the phone and gmail to vibrate, but leave the corporate mail completely silent (no vibrate).

Basically, by corporate email comes in continuously 24/7 and there are times when I want the phone to be on vibrate and only be notified when a personal (gmail) message comes in.

Is this possible?