Ringer Volume Window pops up

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by terribkw, Jun 2, 2011.

1. terribkw

terribkw New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Suddenly, whenever I hit the "home" or "back" button the Ringer Volume window pops up briefly. Anyone know how I can get it to stop doing that?

2. pwornama

pwornama New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same Issue

I'm having the same issue with my Droid X. I'm running Liberty Gingerbread v0.8. Any assistance is greatly appreciated,

Pwornama

3. terribkw

terribkw New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ringer Volume window popping up

I'm sorry, I can't help....I went to show my husband what was happening, and the window didn't pop up...ever again! I told him he was the "magic fix"...but I'm not sure he'd appreciate me lending him out :) Good luck!

4. xan

xan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    when one of mine did that, moto told me it was a hardware issue. "there is a ribbon cable that can become warn and cause intermittent shorts to the volume control when other buttons are pressed".

5. BTLS

BTLS New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys, first post here and unfortunately it's b/c of this same problem I'm having... My OG power button quit me, then I got a DX off a friend (not buying new until prime/nexus), and 2 days later this problem started. Mine is a bit worse though - the back button will do the same, bring up the vol, but after 5Xs or so, it completely stops working, along with the lower volume key! If it sits for a while, like over night, sometimes it starts working again, but never for long.

Anyway, just wondering if any of you had luck getting it repaired or if you were able to replace the ribbon yourself? Mine is definitely not under warranty, so I'm curious as to what it would cost to repair... Maybe its cheap b/c it's a known issue??? Trying to think optimistically here... Thanks

Search tags for this page

android ringer volume keeps going down

droid 4 volume bar comes up
droid x back button changes volume

droid x home button changes volume

droid x return key causes volume to lower

droid x volume keeps going up

htc inspire ringer volume goes up

iphone 4s ringer volume keeps popping up

ringer volume keeps popping up

ringer volume keeps popping up on android