ringer only?

amberleemarie

Reaction score
I apologize if this is a repeat I've searched every where for an answer. Is it possible to set the droid to ringer only? Or is there an app to do so? I hate shutting my ringer off at night. My boyfriend locked himself out of our house at 5am this morning and stood out there for 45 minutes until I finally heard him knock. Mean while he had called me 35 times. LOL

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I apologize if this is a repeat I've searched every where for an answer. Is it possible to set the droid to ringer only? Or is there an app to do so? I hate shutting my ringer off at night. My boyfriend locked himself out of our house at 5am this morning and stood out there for 45 minutes until I finally heard him knock. Mean while he had called me 35 times. LOL

ive been looking for something like this but have not been able to find anything.... if you find anything let me know i would love something like this.

mrredskin

Reaction score
this was exactly what i was going to post a new topic about. the only time anyone would/should ever call me at night is if it was an emergency.

it would be nice if Locale could add this option to their app. seems like it would go well with it

HeroNova

Reaction score
Here is what I did. Might not be exactly what you are looking for but it gives me the option of having only the ringer on and keeping the messages on vibrate.

I changed the message options and set the ringtone to silent and checked the vibrate option. I did the same for my email.

This way, when I have the ringer on I only have sound when the phone rings and when I get a ton of messages I don't have to constantly hear the beeping.

myriad46

Reaction score
Are you trying to shut off notifications and other tones (facebook, app update...) for when you are sleeping?

If so there are many programs in the app store. I use Timeriffic.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Here is what I did. Might not be exactly what you are looking for but it gives me the option of having only the ringer on and keeping the messages on vibrate.

I changed the message options and set the ringtone to silent and checked the vibrate option. I did the same for my email.

This way, when I have the ringer on I only have sound when the phone rings and when I get a ton of messages I don't have to constantly hear the beeping.

this would be all fine but my phone sits on a nightstand and the sound of the phone vibrating on a hard surface would scare the crap out of me in the night.

soupfed

Reaction score
Same Question in another forum - ANSWER!

Hi there! dkelly701 told me this in another thread of people asking the same question. I just switched from Curve to Droid and was missing that feature BIG TIME!! I even reinstated my landline so I could shut off the Droid at night (silly me)! I haven't tried it yet, but I feel confident it'll work once I take the time to figure it out - here's the info:

Setting Profiles will allow you to do this and much, much more. What's even better is, once you set it up, you don't have to remember to change your profiles, it does it automatically. I have 11 different profiles that control everything from the volumes of the individual ringers, vibrate, display brightness, bluetooth, WiFi, etc, etc, etc,. Check it out, spend some time to understand how it works, set it up and then you can forget it.
dancedroidGood luck!

soupfed

Reaction score
Oh - and by the way - folks in the other thread also said don't buy the Bedtime app (or Bedside??) because the lights still go off all night even though sounds and vibration are off....