Ringer changing itself to vibrate

liferefugee

Reaction score
Anyone have any thoughts? I have cleared cache, added an app to control it, and removed anyplace I may have been accidentlly changing things. It still chooses to go to vibrate by itself. Annoying, anyone else run into this?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
liferefugee

liferefugee

Reaction score
*update* after a forum search, which I couldnt do earlier, I stumbled upon a thought. Perhaps the face down to silent was my issue. Even though I dont place my phone face down, perhaps the internal compass was misreading it. I have removed that setting and will see how things go.

bcowan

Reaction score
Vibrate only

I have the same problem and called Verizon. At first they wanted to exchange my phone and then I was directed to tech support. They said it is a "known problem" and would be fixed in Froyo. I haven't been offered the download yet so I can't say. Hope it does fix the problem.

downtime57

Reaction score
Hi,

Well, I've done the OTA, rooted and installed/run Droid X Bootstrap (to produce a Nandroid backup only) and now I have this problem. All was fine on 2.1. I'm not really certain if the problem was there immediately after the OTA since I mostly keep it on vibrate anyway.

Any ideas why this Vibrate Only issue has now shown up now and how to get the phone back to working properly ?

Thanks,

Peter.

I have the same problem and called Verizon. At first they wanted to exchange my phone and then I was directed to tech support. They said it is a "known problem" and would be fixed in Froyo. I haven't been offered the download yet so I can't say. Hope it does fix the problem.

OP
liferefugee

liferefugee

Reaction score
I am on froyo already and that is when I started having the issue. Turning off the face down option has not resolved the issue, but a well placed widget helps deal with it.

downtime57

Reaction score
Hi,

Well, I guess my problem is a little worse :-( I can't get it out of vibrate no matter what.... I did have a widget installed that worked great on 2.1 but this problem persists even after I uninstalled and rebooted...

Any ideas out there ?

Thanks,

I am on froyo already and that is when I started having the issue. Turning off the face down option has not resolved the issue, but a well placed widget helps deal with it.

downtime57

Reaction score
Found a Solution

Hi,

Ok,

Did a little more research outside of this forum and found this:

Off On A Tangent: Droid X: DO NOT Activate Face Down to Vibrate Mode

Worked for me. I now have the 'Face Down' option turned off - at least until I cool down a little :)

Thanks,

Peter.

Well, I guess my problem is a little worse :-( I can't get it out of vibrate no matter what.... I did have a widget installed that worked great on 2.1 but this problem persists even after I uninstalled and rebooted...

Any ideas out there ?

Thanks,

[/QUOTE]