Ringer and Speakerphone

ryane

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Looking for some help with a couple of issues. The Razr I have is only a couple weeks old and I noticed today that the ringer is not working for either calls or notifications. The sound is turned all the way up but all it does it vibrate. The ringer was working up until today. Also, I noticed that my speakerphone is not working either. I am wondering if anyone else has experienced these issues or if anyone knows of any fixes. Thanks for the help.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Hey everyone. Looking for some help with a couple of issues. The Razr I have is only a couple weeks old and I noticed today that the ringer is not working for either calls or notifications. The sound is turned all the way up but all it does it vibrate. The ringer was working up until today. Also, I noticed that my speakerphone is not working either. I am wondering if anyone else has experienced these issues or if anyone knows of any fixes. Thanks for the help.

I haven't heard of this happening until now, but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened, just that yours is the first I've come across.

Can I suggest you try something? Try to run the phone in Safe mode and see if the volume problems are still there.

To do so, first power down the phone by pressing the power button and holding until the menu pops up and then select the option to power off the phone. Wait till it is completely powered off, then press Power again and once the phone starts powering up, press and hold BOTH Volume UP AND Volume DOWN. Don't let go until you see the phone's lock screen.

You are now in Safe mode. The phone will operate normally in every way except that it will not load any user-installed apps, loader, widgets, etc. Try the phone by calling it and see if it rings. Also answer a call with it and see if the speaker phone is working. If both work normally then you have a software problem with one or more apps installed. If it doesn't work normally (and you've checked the volume settings), then the phone is likely failing. At that point, your only option may be to perform a full Factory reset.

tz34mb

Reaction score
Hi Ryane

I had the same issue with my RazrMaxx. I posted about it here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-maxx/200433-no-sound-external-speaker.html

I will summarize what I discovered and did to fix the issue.

- I realized it was only happening at home
- I had the app Juicedefender set to turn on my WiFi when I was at home
- I turned WiFi off at home, and then the sound returned
- Disabled the auto WiFi enable, turned my WiFi on manually and all the sounds worked!!
- Re-enabled the auto Wifi in JuiceDefender and had the same issue with no sound

I know a ton of people are using JuiceDefender with their Razrs and are not having a problem, but I was able to recreate the issue...so I have kept it disabled since, and the issue has not returned....

Hope that helps!!!