Ringdroid question

DroidDoug

Reaction score
Greetings all,

Ok.. now.. i'm not sure if i'm going crazy or not.. but... I could have swore that whenever i would choose notification or ringtones on my droid, (after I've installed ringdroid), there was a box that showed up allowing me to choose which app, or whatever to work with notifications or ringtones, or alarms.. etc.. and I thought it said.. "Choose the default app", ANDROID, or RINGDROID, and there was a box to check, stating not to ask this ever again. I've also checked in Ringdroid and there aren't any setting allowing me to set it is as the default app. Now when I choose ringtones, it just defaults right into the built in list of sounds.. :( . Also.. My Motorola Droid is rooted and using Cyanagenmod 6.0. I don't know if this has something to do with it or not. I've looked and looked through all my settings.. (I think anyway).

The reason I'm wondering all of this, is, I thought before I could just browse my folders once I clicked on notifications, etc.. and just choose an mp3 file to use... it is possible that i'm thinking of a different app other than Ringdroid, but i'm not sure at this point.

Thanks, in advance!

DroidDoug

Last edited:

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've not used RingDroid for quite some time and I recall it woking as you described.