1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Ringdroid & Permissions

Discussion in 'Android Audio and Video' started by davidwilp, Apr 17, 2011.

1. davidwilp

davidwilp Member

Kind of new to all this. Was reading about Ringdroid and from the marketplace I found this for permissions of this app. Why does any app need these permissions? Is this common for an app that seems to me doesn't need these types of permissions? Kind of scary.

• Your personal informationread contact data
      Allows an application to read all of the contact (address) data stored on your device. Malicious applications can use this to send your data to other people.
      write contact data
      Allows an application to modify the contact (address) data stored on your device. Malicious applications can use this to erase or modify your contact data.
  2. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad

that's because it can create ringtones and assign them to particular contacts.
  3. davidwilp

davidwilp Member

ahh, makes sense. Thank you.
Search tags for this page
how to use ringdroid app
ringdroid
what does ringdroid access
whats a good ringdroid app that doesn't want a lot of access

why does ringdroid need access to my contacts?

why does ringdroid need contact information