Ring tones keep changing

gottcha

Reaction score
Like the title says everytime.I put into the computer and then unplug all the sound notification change ALL text message sound, individual ring tones, its really annoying! Anybody have this problem or know how to fix it?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Beka27

Reaction score
I have had this issue and I never figured out a "fix" for it. I just stopped setting individual ringtones. Now that I'm done with school, I actually have some time to figure out these little quirks. I wonder if it's something to do with your ringtones/notifications being on your SD card and not your internal memory.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
I have had this issue and I never figured out a "fix" for it. I just stopped setting individual ringtones. Now that I'm done with school, I actually have some time to figure out these little quirks. I wonder if it's something to do with your ringtones/notifications being on your SD card and not your internal memory.
Ding, Ding, Ding...we have a winner....dancedroid
And to fix this issue...just move the tones to the internal memory... I find doing it on the phone pretty easy using Astro.

1) Open Astro and navigate to the SD Card, then to the folder with the tones you want to move
2) Multi-select those tones, then Copy or Move
3) Navigate back to the root of the SD Card...then click the Up tab
4) Go to System folder--->Media--->Audio--->Choose whatever folder your tones go in from there ie: Alarms, Alert, Notifications etc etc...

From now on, when you select a tone through Android, you should see all these tones you copied over as defaults just like the original tones...and they shouldnt "flake out" anymore...:)

OP
G

gottcha

Reaction score
Funny thing is this just started a few days ago. Ill move the sounds and let ya know.

Beka27

Reaction score
Thanks for the walk-thru BodyBags... Still haven't tried it, but once I get a spare minute I can do this.

Beka27

Reaction score
Hmmm. Did not work for me.

Went thru Astro, found the files, hit multi-, selected the files, hit copy, navigated up, went to system>media>audio>ringtones...

Hit paste... nothing.

I also tried this (several times) selecting "move" rather than "copy"... still nothing.

Do I need to reboot or something after? Should I see the files in the new folder immediately upon refreshing?

I'm not an Astro Pro by any stretch of the imagination, but I can usually figure this stuff out given enough time. Very weird...

OP
G

gottcha

Reaction score
Hmmm. Did not work for me.

Went thru Astro, found the files, hit multi-, selected the files, hit copy, navigated up, went to system>media>audio>ringtones...

Hit paste... nothing.

I also tried this (several times) selecting "move" rather than "copy"... still nothing.

Do I need to reboot or something after? Should I see the files in the new folder immediately upon refreshing?

I'm not an Astro Pro by any stretch of the imagination, but I can usually figure this stuff out given enough time. Very weird...

Same thing happens with mine it won't let me move or copy anything.
This never happened before like three weeks ago. It wasn't a problem and now I can't tell if i'm getting a call or a text of an email.:icon_evil:

OP
G

gottcha

Reaction score
Anybbody have any ideas?

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Make sure the files are actually copying to the new location. You may need to do them each individually. All I can say for sure is I was and am able to do my method...my way works for me.

OP
G

gottcha

Reaction score
When I copy the file the paste button is highlighted but when I hit the up button to go to the phone memory it unhighlights and that's the same with the move button. So it wont let me move or copy anything. I tried to root this phone when I fisrt got it and tried several different methods and none.of the worked. Im starting to think I have a special phone..

OP
G

gottcha

Reaction score
Does it matter what the "suffix" is? My system notifications have .ogg at the end...

Mine have the same suffix as yours. I am still not sure why I cant move the files and im still confused as to why I need to because they have work in the past. I also went and deleted any apps that I have downloaded in the last few months.

PrincessSnoopy

Reaction score
I've had this problem myself. I just tried to do what was said. I tried moving them one at a time but that didn't work either. Anyone know some way to fix this?